Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Info button useless now, unless I pay $$

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info button useless now, unless I pay $$

Is the "Info" button subsidized by the satellite companies? After your free three month subscription has expired and you press it an ad to subscribe to Sirius traffic(in the US) is what you get. I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius and can transfer it just one time to a "built in" radio. That alone stinks. But I have to pay extra to make that button work again?!
Is this the same in Europe?
What else can this button do now?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cdawrld
Is the "Info" button subsidized by the satellite companies? After your free three month subscription has expired and you press it an ad to subscribe to Sirius traffic(in the US) is what you get. I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius and can transfer it just one time to a "built in" radio. That alone stinks. But I have to pay extra to make that button work again?!
I havent ever seen sirius working so dont know what it does for you. In the UK and Europe the INFO button gives free traffic information which comes from FM radio broadcasts, you can chose nationwide info or only the route of your sat nav.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

In the US, you can subscribe to either the Siruius radio and data, or just data if you want the info button to work.

-ThinkMac-

Originally Posted by cdawrld