S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Mouse

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Mouse

Well, with all the bad news in the world today, finally something good. I was driving down an empty country road heading home from work in my S7. It was just after dusk and I thought I would turn on the infra red camera. Until last night, I was yet to find any value from this "toy". Out of the blue, I saw a bright white dot in the middle of the road. It was weaving and bobbing like crazy. I had a major decision to make....do I crank the wheel to the right or to the left?? It was too late to brake, so I made a decision....go to the right. Fortunately, the mouse went to the left. All was well. I'm really glad I had the Audi technology package. The mouse was fortunate I had an Audi. I am very concerned that the next car behind me was be a low tech GM model, whereby the the little guy will probably not be around to tell his story. In any case, all in all, a pretty good evening.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm evidently gonna kill a lot of mice.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikemdd
It was weaving and bobbing like crazy. I had a major decision to make....do I crank the wheel to the right or to the left?? .
I hope I'm not on the road around you when you are playing with your infrared, swerving about, and saving mice!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mouse

My S7 is far from arrived but the salesman said it would not work for animals but it had to be a large signature like a person. I guess he was wrong. I wondered as a child and many dogs are the same size.

I was not thinking of mice at the time though.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emcman
My S7 is far from arrived but the salesman said it would not work for animals but it had to be a large signature like a person. I guess he was wrong. I wondered as a child and many dogs are the same size.

Animals show up very well. Deer are like light bulbs. The mouse story, while tongue in cheek, is real...you really can see a mouse on the road.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by emcman

The infrared screen will visually show just about anything that gives off a heat signature. The warning aspect of the system, until just recently, wasn't programmed for animal images---that's why you were told the system wouldn't work for animals. They just updated the programming for 2015 MY (at least on the A8 model line-up) to now provide animal detection alerts for deer/dogs, etc. (but I'd suspect probably not for mice :^) . The 2015 A7/S7/RS7 PIB just states pedestrian detection however.

Last edited by derfA8L; 05-15-2014 at 10:31 AM.