S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Proper way to jack A7/S7?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper way to jack A7/S7?

OK, excuse me if this seems basic, but going through the procedure to change a tire on myS7, one of the first steps in the manual is to remove the "Sill Cover". Unfortunately, the picture in the manual does a terrible job of explaining how this is removed/replaced without breaking it...does anyone know how this is done? Also, it using a floor jack instead of the emergency jack, do we need to have one of the plastic inserts (or hockey pucks) to do this safely? Thanks!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sansfrontiers
OK, excuse me if this seems basic, but going through the procedure to change a tire on myS7, one of the first steps in the manual is to remove the "Sill Cover". Unfortunately, the picture in the manual does a terrible job of explaining how this is removed/replaced without breaking it...does anyone know how this is done? Also, it using a floor jack instead of the emergency jack, do we need to have one of the plastic inserts (or hockey pucks) to do this safely? Thanks!
I do not have mine yet but asked that as I have a BMW and carry the inserts you talk about. The S7 we looked at does not. It is a rubber pad that is flat. The sill around it does snap out. It seemed to surprice my sales guy. It gives you good access without
hitting the sill. I asked as I do use a floor jack for doing my own winter/summer wheel tires. The rubber pad on the car does float a bit if you are on an uneven surface. The sill just seemed to pull out by grabing the inside of it and pulling down and out.