S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

STASIS vs REVO tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STASIS vs REVO tune

My understanding is that STASIS runs REVO tune at 91RON and provides warranty where AUDI will not. But, REVO allows for OBDII port switching up to 100RON.

Can any of you that are running either tune provide some thoughts on performance, issues and why choosing one over the other? Has anyone here had to go back to STASIS for warranty issue? How many miles do you have on the engine with the software tune?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S42014forme
My understanding is that STASIS runs REVO tune at 91RON and provides warranty where AUDI will not. But, REVO allows for OBDII port switching up to 100RON.

Can any of you that are running either tune provide some thoughts on performance, issues and why choosing one over the other? Has anyone here had to go back to STASIS for warranty issue? How many miles do you have on the engine with the software tune?

Thanks!
I could be wrong, but initially Stasis had its own unique tune. They then bought Revo and Revo became the current Stasis tune.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't have either tune, but there is quite a bit of information from others on this forum and others, such as Audizine, including unconfirmed speculation that Stasis is in financial distress. There have been other threads that discuss interaction between Audi dealers and Stasis when it comes to warranty claims. If you search you should find a lot of information.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks appreciate it. Have read some but am curious about 2013/2014 models.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
I don't have either tune, but there is quite a bit of information from others on this forum and others, such as Audizine, including unconfirmed speculation that Stasis is in financial distress. There have been other threads that discuss interaction between Audi dealers and Stasis when it comes to warranty claims. If you search you should find a lot of information.
Not at all unconfirmed. Stasis is up for sale, REVO left them. Stasis is circling the drain, and early REVO tunes which were very suspect with data logging finally have shown to have blown engines.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Not at all unconfirmed. Stasis is up for sale, REVO left them. Stasis is circling the drain, and early REVO tunes which were very suspect with data logging finally have shown to have blown engines.
LOL! Stasis circling the drain I like that... Revo tunes blowing engines? You don't say... If only people would have listened years ago... lol Maybe some more data will get shared in the near future

Hey you need to hit the strip with all the PNW guys on May 14th...
Old 04-24-2014, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by primetime
LOL! Stasis circling the drain I like that... Revo tunes blowing engines? You don't say... If only people would have listened years ago... lol Maybe some more data will get shared in the near future

Hey you need to hit the strip with all the PNW guys on May 14th...
Hey bro I might be able to, work is killing it for me right now though You know how certain people are resistant to logging data, then posting it for the good of everyone? I don't really understand why showing the raw data would be a bad thing - if something is going on, people know; If nothing looks bad, great to have the data and reassurance.

Then there is West, who won't look at, understand, or acknowledge data ever.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Copied link from a post in another forum re: status of Stasis.

http://wvgazette.com/article/20140429/GZ01/140439989
Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
Copied link from a post in another forum re: status of Stasis.

http://wvgazette.com/article/20140429/GZ01/140439989
Yea, that paints it better than it actually is. They are done for.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Yea, that paints it better than it actually is. They are done for.
Yeah, not too many "strategic plans" that involve laying off all employees and ceasing operations for a while end very well.

Quick Reply: STASIS vs REVO tune