S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Can you get tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Just to play devil's advocate, which is right?

The data geek in me likes the idea of an exact digital readout - and I suspect most of them can be calibrated, so yeah once you put your NIST-traceable pressure gauge on there you'd wanna calibrate the in-car system I suppose :P
the snap on digi-gauge I use costed $100+, cant remember exactly. the wheel shop I goto has a hunter auto34, $20k tire machine and has a built in air hose/gauge. the snap on gauge and built in tire machine gauge read the exact same numbers all the time. im "assuming" these are more accurate than the wheel sensors.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mikec7s6
the snap on gauge and built in tire machine gauge read the exact same numbers all the time. im "assuming" these are more accurate than the wheel sensors.
No I'd give you that - two decent quality instruments give matching results, I'd calibrate the car to them. A quick google suggested an indirect TPMS though, so you'd need to figure out what can be done. If under warranty I would try my local friendly dealer.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cough, retrofit!, cough.

I suspect there's a TPMS receiver somewhere and a coding for MMI to use it vs the ABS one...but maybe I'm just an optimist.
Optimist or not, I would love to hear about it if anyone has pulled it off. I always thought the temperature was a cool feature.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jake-AudiUSAParts
Optimist or not, I would love to hear about it if anyone has pulled it off. I always thought the temperature was a cool feature.
See, and here I figured someone with access to the parts databases could tell us what the A8 adds
Old 01-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Banned

See, and here I figured someone with access to the parts databases could tell us what the A8 adds
Yes, yes, you caught me, I am home due to medical issues and don't have access to my work computers. I am hoping to be back in the office next week and trust me, I will be scrubbing ETKA for answers!
Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I am hoping to be back in the office next week and trust me, I will be scrubbing ETKA for answers!
No worries, I'll be interested to hear what you figure out!
Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now I am curious, I am going to look into the newest A8's and see what kind of info you can get from the TPMS system.
No sensors in the wheels on D4, it's all done with ABS sensors to detect if a wheel is (seemingly far) out of whack from the rest.
One D4 owner reported it came on after a blowout and he had already pulled to the side of the road.

I really miss the TPMS system on the D3...
Old 01-17-2014, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jakematic
No sensors in the wheels on D4, it's all done with ABS sensors to detect if a wheel is (seemingly far) out of whack from the rest.
One D4 owner reported it came on after a blowout and he had already pulled to the side of the road.

its more convenient when swapping wheels now though, I didn't have to buy extra tpms or dismount the stock wheels to rob the oem sensors anymore, lol.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jakematic

Again, I will have to check once I am back in the office but the last time I looked in ETKA on a D4 there was a listing for in wheel sensors. I will check and confirm if they are Euro only or what the deal is but I know I saw them.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Again, I will have to check once I am back in the office but the last time I looked in ETKA on a D4 there was a listing for in wheel sensors. I will check and confirm if they are Euro only or what the deal is but I know I saw them.
Hope you are doing better Jake !
Ever get a chance to check into this ?

Cough, retrofit!, cough.
Exactly why I am asking....

Quick Reply: Can you get tire pressure