S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2010 S4 DSG Transmission Problem-Did Audi Extend the Warranty to 6yr-100K miles???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 S4 DSG Transmission Problem-Did Audi Extend the Warranty to 6yr-100K miles???

Yesterday the reverse on my 2010 S4 (42k miles) stopped working, dash message says Reverse does not work but its safe to drive. When I called the dealer to setup a tow and loaner I was shocked to find out that my warranty was no longer valid. It expired because I purchased the vehicle in September of 2009.

As you can imagine, I've been nervous about how much this could cost out of pocket. I've been searching the internet about this matter since yesterday and the problem seems to be well known among MANY 2010-2011 Audi S4 owners. It appears that Faulty "Mechatronic" is a known problem.

I came across a post where someone said that Audi extended the warranty (6yr/100k) because of this problem.
Can anyone please confirm this? If so, is there any documentation online supporting this? I came across the following information, a letter from audi to another customer....

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...bR!-1279824161

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...38586-1073.pdf
(page2)

Subject: Warranty Extension – Powertrain for Certain 2009-2011 Model Year Audi
Vehicles Equipped with 3.0L TFSI, 3.0L TDI and 3.2L FSI engines

Dear Audi Owner of VIN <VIN>
Our records indicate that you have had a coolant pump replacement in your vehicle. As
our ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction, we apologize for any inconvenience
you may have experienced. Audi can assure you that the pump now installed in your
vehicle is durable enough to outlast the natural life of your vehicle. To address concerns
you may have with your specific vehicle, Audi of America is pleased to inform you of our
decision to extend the warranty that covers the powertrain, specifically the engine,
transmission, differential and axles, in your vehicle to 5 years or 100,000 miles,
whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s original in-service date.
The vehicle’s original in-service date is defined as the date the vehicle was delivered to
either the original purchaser or the original lessee; or if the vehicle was first placed in
service as a “demonstrator” or “company” car, on the date such vehicle was first placed in
service.

Powertrain Warranty Extension
As part of our ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction, and to help address any
future concerns you may have with your vehicle, we are pleased to inform you of our
decision to extend the warranty that covers the powertrain in your vehicle to 5 years or
100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s original in-service date.
The vehicle’s original in-service date is defined as the date the vehicle was delivered to
either the original purchaser or the original lessee; or if the vehicles was first placed in
service as a “demonstrator” or “company” car, on the date such vehicle was first placed in
service. This warranty extension is valid only for the current owner of the vehicle and is
non-transferable. Please keep this letter with your Warranty booklet for future reference.
What does this warranty extension cover? Should you have an issue with the
powertrain in your vehicle, your authorized Audi dealer will diagnose and repair it at no
cost to you, as long as your vehicle is within the time and mileage limit of this warranty
extension. This powertrain extension is specific to the engine, transmission, differential
and axles.

Last edited by kutty33; 04-15-2014 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Highlight main question
Old 04-19-2014, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know anything about a Mechatronic issue. The warranty extension that you show is related to a waterpump recall. Due to this recall, Audi extended the powertrain warranty for certain vin numbers. I received a similar letter and confirmed with Audi of America that my powertrain warranty was extended to 5 years from purchase date. I would call them. My local dealer did not have any information on this. Good luck.

Last edited by Nicky_do_it; 04-19-2014 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky_do_it
I don't know anything about a Mechatronic issue. The warranty extension that you show is related to a waterpump recall. Due to this recall, Audi extended the powertrain warranty for certain vin numbers. I received a similar letter and confirmed with Audi of America that my powertrain warranty was extended to 5 years from purchase date. I would call them. My local dealer did not have any information on this. Good luck.
Correct