S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Best B.5 S4 Mods?

Old 04-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best B.5 S4 Mods?

Hello All,

Since I just ordered my 2014 MY S4 this morning, what mods should I be looking into?

I'm looking to get the Stasis ECU + Stasis Exhaust, but that's all I have planned now.

Suggestions?

Thanks !

-Taxmaster
Old 04-18-2014, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alu-Kreuz, USS sway bars, end links for sure!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Alu-Kreuz, USS sway bars, end links for sure!
Could you provide some links for those? Any deals on pricing anywhere?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here are a couple of threads, but if you Google the terms you'll find countless positive reviews. The second link has customer reviews within. It looks like you just missed a sale but they have them fairly frequently.

The trio of components will sharpen up the handling so well. They make a major improvement in performance.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=alu+kreuz+uss

Old 04-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here are a couple of threads, but if you Google the terms you'll find countless positive reviews. The second link has customer reviews within. It looks like you just missed a sale but they have them fairly frequently.

The trio of components will sharpen up the handling so well. They make a major improvement in performance.

Do you tend to corner a lot? When do you really realize the benefits of these?

I'm also thinking about a short throw shifter. Not sure about Meisterwerk vs. JHM though! I want to minimize rattling noise though, that's for sure.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I do corner a lot I suppose. Most of the streets in my city are curved, we have lots of roundabouts, and the highways to the mountains are winding. I've never really thought about it, but straight stretches are in the minority here.

You can feel the benefit on most turns even if you're not pushing the car hard; they change the handling from a tendency to understeer to more neutral. You'll feel less body roll and steering becomes more sharp and precise. It wasn't a subtle improvement for me.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do corner a lot I suppose. Most of the streets in my city are curved, we have lots of roundabouts, and the highways to the mountains are winding. I've never really thought about it, but straight stretches are in the minority here.

You can feel the benefit on most turns even if you're not pushing the car hard; they change the handling from a tendency to understeer to more neutral. You'll feel less body roll and steering becomes more sharp and precise. It wasn't a subtle improvement for me.
Thank You! These are all good things to know! Where I live is the opposite, mainly straight roads with few curves. Nevertheless, I'll wait for a sale and pull the trigger.

Now I'm hoping for some feedback on the short throw shifters....
Old 04-19-2014, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

There are some threads on AZ indicating Stasis may be / is going out of business so be careful with the purchases.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
There are some threads on AZ indicating Stasis may be / is going out of business so be careful with the purchases.
I called and spoke with Stasis yesterday. They aren't going out of business, they are merely separating from REVO. They are currently in a "freeze" while the legalities are sorted out, but they'll be operating normally again in 60 days per their estimate.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Pioneer subwoofer upgrade!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best B.5 S4 Mods?