S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2015 AUDI S4 Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 02:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 AUDI S4 Ordering

Hello All,

Does anyone know when 2015 ordering opens up? Is there any information about any new features for 2015?

I heard the B9 was delayed due to styling cues, so I'd imagine there will either be another year of B8.5, maybe call it a 2014.5 MY.

I greatly appreciate your help!

- Taxmaster
Old 04-01-2014, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My dealer told me that they're hoping to get the order guide for the 2015 A4/S4 by the end of April. They also told me that they're not expecting a lot of changes, but they have heard *rumors* that the 2015s will have the new MMI.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RedlumF
My dealer told me that they're hoping to get the order guide for the 2015 A4/S4 by the end of April. They also told me that they're not expecting a lot of changes, but they have heard *rumors* that the 2015s will have the new MMI.
That would be awesome if they did! I just read a thread detailing all of the MMI issues of the B8 MMI, so a new MMI would be awesome!

Please let me know if you get any more updates, I really appreciate it! I'm hoping to place an order by the end of Q3.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Upgrading the 2015 S4 MMI would make sense as the 2015 A3 will have the upgraded MMI with touch pad.

I know the dealers want it as I am sure its difficult to sell higher prices A4s with brand new model A3s sitting in the same show room with the nice new MMI touch pads.

Really helpd high light how the B8/8.5 need a new lease on life.

However, I do not think the B9 will be ready until 2016 late in the year. Maybe as a 2017 model.

The B9 has been sent back to the drawing board...not a good sign!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My dealership just got the order guide today and was able enter an order for a 2015 S4 into their system. They don't know when the car will be manufactured, and did not have pricing information available yet.

I don't have a complete list of changes, but the differences pertaining to the 2014 order sheet we built earlier in the week was pretty minor.

Side assist is no longer an option, and instead is included with MMI/nav+ (which has been renamed to the "technology package").

Color options have changed. From what I can remember, there is an additional black available, ice silver metallic has been replaced with a different color of silver, monsoon gray metallic has been replaced with daytona gray pearl, and estoril blue crystal has been replaced with sepang blue pearl (I think).
Old 04-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mprobins
My dealership just got the order guide today and was able enter an order for a 2015 S4 into their system. They don't know when the car will be manufactured, and did not have pricing information available yet.

I don't have a complete list of changes, but the differences pertaining to the 2014 order sheet we built earlier in the week was pretty minor.

Side assist is no longer an option, and instead is included with MMI/nav+ (which has been renamed to the "technology package").

Color options have changed. From what I can remember, there is an additional black available, ice silver metallic has been replaced with a different color of silver, monsoon gray metallic has been replaced with daytona gray pearl, and estoril blue crystal has been replaced with sepang blue pearl (I think).
I started a different thread that includes the complete order guide.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Taxmaster
I started a different thread that includes the complete order guide.
Yeah, I noticed that after I replied. Searched google for 2015 differences and this was the only thread that came up...
Old 05-22-2014, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Read weight will be 120 less!

Originally Posted by RedlumF
I am not sure if it is for the USA or europe.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just got back from the dealer after looking at the ordering options for the 2015 S4, to replace my 2005. Sales person is telling me to definitely go with a Prestige as it is the only way to get the Driver Assist Package that comes with audi dynamic steering. She says that with the package the steering ratio is far better in every aspect of city and highway driving as compared to the Premium Plus which only allows for selecting dynamic for steering - and that only changes boost, not ratio. Not sure if she is telling the truth, but she said many customers have come back wanting to return their s4 for a prestige just to get the dynamic steering. There was no 2014 Prestige for me to drive on the lot so I couldn't compare. The Premium Plus steering did seem very soft and artificial - even in dynamic mode. From what I'm reading on the web for the last few hours, I think she may be right about the importance of the Audi Dynamic Steering that comes with the Driver Assist Package only available on the Prestige, but it's over 2K more as it comes with the adaptive cruise. I guess it's worth it because the steering is something used every day and a better ratio means less turning of the wheel, easier use of the flaps, and more connectivity and precision in steering. Any thoughts???
Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by marcusmiller
Not sure if she is telling the truth, but she said many customers have come back wanting to return their s4 for a prestige just to get the dynamic steering.
1. I don't think she is telling the truth on this point and it seems like a ridiculous statement for her to make.
2. To get the package, you're talking about a car with an MSRP approaching mid-60's presuming you also opt for 19" wheels, Nappa, sport diff and adaptive damping. (Major depreciation ahead...)
3. The only differences with a prestige are headlights and availability of this package. So to get that package you have to pay the premium for the prestige over p+ with options + the cost of the package. You need to REALLY want it. At least drive cars with / without it for extended test drives before deciding.

I have a prestige (without driver assistance) and it was borderline worth it for MY2013. There were more restrictions on options at that time - if I recall I think I needed Prestige to get side assist. That changed for MY2014+ such that the sensible financial decision is to go P+ with options unless you really want the adaptive headlights or drivers assistance package.

Last edited by RickFLS4; 05-24-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 AUDI S4 Ordering