Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

If you conceal a weapon, where do you put it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spijun
Maybe something like this

Obviously not an Audi but still, a very nicely done install. Looks to be a professional set-up for a professional use, law enforcement, personal protection services, stuff like that.

To someone who knows little about guns I can see how this could look scary, personally, in the hands of a well trained, law abiding, gun owning American, I would feel quite comfortable riding in this "armed" vehicle.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe something like this

What was the option code for that? My new one will be missing that. HAHA.

Good question though on where to conceal and make it safe. I don't have my Q5 yet, but this is a question I might explore down the road. My Nissan Pathfinder has these cool compartments under the back seat. However it more of conceal with limited access. For me in my A6 DD, I would put it in the door when in motion.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The picture is awesome. A q5 has a funny console cover than other cars I have had in the past. I can easily hide / conceal it in the trunk area, but I do want to be able to grab it if needed fairly quick. The glove box is super far away. Previous cars I've put in the drivers side door, but will need something to cover it with (so it doesn't slide around).

I'm glad other folks are looking for something gun related as well...I felt kind of weird posting my question.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

This is a forum for cars, not for weapon
+1
Old 02-07-2014, 04:05 PM
lms
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
+1
Seems like a car conversation to me. If someone wants to talk about how to carry baseball bats, will you have the same opinion?

LMS
Old 02-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lms
Seems like a car conversation to me. If someone wants to talk about how to carry baseball bats, will you have the same opinion? LMS
Yah, my intent isn't actually a gun talk, and I don't think we're having that. I'm just trying to see I where everyone else carries theirs.

I have even put a cd case in the console to divide it and then set the gun in that sectioned off area. The fun just moves around too much for my taste even with that case there. I guess it's possible to cut a piece of wood to divide it that's less flimsy.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wow...

Blown away by people's infatuation with guns. I don't get it. Never will. To each his own, I guess.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hawksie
Blown away by people's infatuation with guns. I don't get it. Never will. To each his own, I guess.
Freudian slip? lol
Old 02-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

To help get back on track to the original topic, I am sincerely interested in knowing what resources are available that can be turn-key or easily modified for a Q5.

I've come across an 'under the bed' type vault that's like a drawer, but it takes up way too much trunk. My colleague has one for his gear (protective services professional), but I'm looking for something smaller.

MonsterVault: http://www.monstervault.org/

A Titan Gun Vault comes close, but I can't see where it can discreetly be installed in a Q5.
http://www.titangunvault.com/gun-safe/titan-gun-vault

Any ideas towards a discreet solution are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Jubz; 02-08-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jubz
To help get back on track to the original topic, I am sincerely interested in knowing what resources are available that can be turn-key or easily modified for a Q5.

I've come across an 'under the bed' type vault that's like a drawer, but it takes up way too much trunk. My colleague has one for his gear (protective services professional), but I'm looking for something smaller.

MonsterVault: Welcome

A Titan Gun Vault comes close, but I can't see where it can discreetly be installed in a Q5.
http://www.titangunvault.com/gun-safe/titan-gun-vault

Any ideas towards a discreet solution are greatly appreciated.
Just recently got my SQ5, and it's funny my first post is on this topic. But I actually can provide some value add here.
1) My glock 23 fits PERFECTLY in the center console. In a diagonal orientation, it goes in snug against the felt and does not move at all. Glock 23 and glock 19 have the same dimensions.
2) I had a Console Vault in my Tundra TRD Pro (traded in for the sq5), which I attached a holster to on the inside. It was perfect. (I can upload a pic if anyone here requests). However the Tundra's center console was 3x the size of the q5/sq5.
The following users liked this post:
Jennifer Rue (12-30-2020)

Quick Reply: If you conceal a weapon, where do you put it?