Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Wiper motor and arm adjustment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wiper motor and arm adjustment.

If you ever have to work on the wiper motor or mechanism, be aware that the motor has a lockout so that it will not run if the bonnet (hood) is open!

I had a problem with bush in the end of the link rod to the drivers' wiper arm. Basically, the bush is worn and every now and then it pops off the ball on the end of the actuator rod for the drivers' wiper arm.

I fixed this by removing the complete wiper mech and compressing the bush in a vice until it was a tight fit again on the ball it pushes over, then drilled into the ball and riveted a washer in place with a small spacer to allow movement, to stop it being able to pop off again.

What should have been about a 45 minute job took 2 1/2 hours because I thought the motor had failed when it was off the car. Once I had re-fitted it in the car, I tried to put it in the normal park position before fitting the wiper arms again but it failed to power on at all. I removed it again and tested it on the bench, all OK but still not good back in the car. Checked the fuse etc... then suddenly realised, it may well be locked out when the bonnet is open. Shut the bonnet and it was fine. Fitted wiper arms, tested and job done.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm having issues with my wipe motor. I believe a stripped gear internally in the motor housing may be my problem. There is a spot that feels much easier to move when moving the arms by hand and that is where the arms stop when the motor turns.

Do you have any advice, step by step instructions on how to remove the motor (2008 Q7)?

Thanks in advance