Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

APR Sux...

Old 11-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Sux...

...at least their customer focus does. I have an engine fault code being thrown for a non-essential emission control issue on an A6. APR said they had a solution.

8 weeks ago I called them...

"I just need a stock load...no bells and whistles or mods for my 2004 car...too many miles on motor to consider a performance upgrade"..."sure we can do a code delete for $150. Just send us your ECU"..."Wow, that's great! I'll send you my ECU in a few weeks".

Tonight...

"Okay, I'm almost finished removing my ECU. Got the security screws removed and all. Here are the codes to be deleted. Next steps?"..."Sure. Send us your ECU, pay us $150 for the fault code delete, and pay another $595 for the s/w."...."What!?! I....are you serious?"..."Yep"..."that's not what you said before I broke open my ECU. The repair for the emission issue was going to cost me $600, can we make a deal?"..."Sure...you pay me full retail for the s/w".

I spoke with a tech guy, sales guy and manager...and got the circle jerk without a happy ending...at least the woman who answered the phones was nice...bought their s/w for my A4 a few years ago...won't shop there again.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by treeant
...at least their customer focus does. I have an engine fault code being thrown for a non-essential emission control issue on an A6. APR said they had a solution.

8 weeks ago I called them...

"I just need a stock load...no bells and whistles or mods for my 2004 car...too many miles on motor to consider a performance upgrade"..."sure we can do a code delete for $150. Just send us your ECU"..."Wow, that's great! I'll send you my ECU in a few weeks".

Tonight...

"Okay, I'm almost finished removing my ECU. Got the security screws removed and all. Here are the codes to be deleted. Next steps?"..."Sure. Send us your ECU, pay us $150 for the fault code delete, and pay another $595 for the s/w."...."What!?! I....are you serious?"..."Yep"..."that's not what you said before I broke open my ECU. The repair for the emission issue was going to cost me $600, can we make a deal?"..."Sure...you pay me full retail for the s/w".

I spoke with a tech guy, sales guy and manager...and got the circle jerk without a happy ending...at least the woman who answered the phones was nice...bought their s/w for my A4 a few years ago...won't shop there again.
you know for a little bit of research, knowledge, and like $5ish or less you could of done this yourself. instead of bashing apr, do some research. your paying for the software because its apr's version of the stock file. you pay for their software so they can code out what ever emission code you are getting.

youd have to pay the same for unitronic/revo/ give or take a few$$.. and even if you get maestro you'd be paying ~800 just to code it out if you wanted it as simple as that.

nefmotoand galletto cable can access ecu files you would need to find the map address that corresponds with the emissions modules and code it out yourself. do you see now why you have to pay for it. you think people would just charge you for 30 min work? what about the extensive work involved in figuring out the procedure to connect, modify and program the ecu?