Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Should I get Cilajet on new A5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get Cilajet on new A5?

There seem to be no new posts on the web about Cilajet. My new Glacier White A5 is due in next Monday, and I am contemplating having Cilajet applied. Anyone have good/bad experiences with it?
Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Anna, welcome aboard!

If you're spending $$$ to have this applied, I'm going to suggest you find a detailer in your area that will apply OptiCoat for you. It's a proven product with a very good reputation.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say stay away from dealerships gimmicks. I would assume you're getting charged a lot of money to have them apply it for you? You can either get your car coated with something like opti-coat or something that's much simpler to do on your own which is a Paint Sealant.

Cilajet (and others offered "only" at dealerships) may be great stuff made by the best people in the world, but to sell it through dealership channels only - which by the way market this stuff in the most underhanded, inaccurate way possible - is enough to make me tell as many people as I possibly can to avoid it at all costs.

We for one offer the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. You are protected for 6-8 months and it looks fantastic. Not to mention it only costs $40.

Coatings - Unless you are experienced in detailing which include these necessary steps to apply a coating: (wash, decontaminate, clay bar, buffer - paint correction, IPA wipedown, then a coating), you would have to pay a detailer to coat your car for you. Which can also be very pricey.

Paint Sealant - You would use a prewax cleaner first to clean the paint and then simply wipe on paint sealant, let it dry for 30 minutes, then wipe it off. That's it! Your call

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant