RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Potentially Picking up an 07 RS4 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by micmckee
You mean it can raise up, or that it locks as it rotates?

I know it can lock as it rotates, but if it actually lifts that's news to me!
No I think you got it right. As it rotates on it's axis, it can be locked in various positions by lifting up.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New tires are on,

Have an updated RNS-E in the works, now all I have to do is figure out what my VAG-COM won't connect to my navigation...

Last edited by micmckee; 04-10-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

New tires are on,

Have an updated RNS-E in the works, now all I have to do is figure out what my VAG-COM won't connect to my navigation...
Is it a Ross Tech?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
Is it a Ross Tech?
Yep!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's too bad. Not saying this is the problem, but my Ross-Tech cable went bad somehow and i had to buy a replacement. It was not cheap and I was not happy! This is where Ross-Tech should NOT be gouging their customers, i.e., making them pay nearly retail for a piece of inexpensive hardware that they already were well paid for initially.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
That's too bad. Not saying this is the problem, but my Ross-Tech cable went bad somehow and i had to buy a replacement. It was not cheap and I was not happy! This is where Ross-Tech should NOT be gouging their customers, i.e., making them pay nearly retail for a piece of inexpensive hardware that they already were well paid for initially.
It's brand new, so hopefully if there is something wrong with it I can just exchange it!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

It's brand new, so hopefully if there is something wrong with it I can just exchange it!
I would try the cable out on another Audi - to narrow the issue to the cable or your car.

If it still does not work - then I would try another PC/notebook with the cable
Old 04-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
I would try the cable out on another Audi - to narrow the issue to the cable or your car.

If it still does not work - then I would try another PC/notebook with the cable
The only one I have access to is a new S8, would they use the same cable?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice purchase!

The iPod should charge when it's connected inside the glove box. I worry about that killing the iPods battery, but, meh. I pretty much only use that one in the car.

If you haven't already figured it out, CDs 1-5 are playlists 1-5 on your ipod. CD 6 just plays all songs in alphabetical order I think.

I think the newest navi disc is from 2012. My burned copy takes a while to initialize and get working every time I restart the car. Retail copies are $$$.

My salesman got my phone connected to my car via bluetooth, but I've had terrible luck with it since then. I think that the version of bluetooth that newer phones use is different that our cars use. But when it's working correctly you should be able to use voice commands to make calls. There's a button on the steering wheel for it.

Hope that helps!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Coupon
Nice purchase!

The iPod should charge when it's connected inside the glove box. I worry about that killing the iPods battery, but, meh. I pretty much only use that one in the car.

If you haven't already figured it out, CDs 1-5 are playlists 1-5 on your ipod. CD 6 just plays all songs in alphabetical order I think.

I think the newest navi disc is from 2012. My burned copy takes a while to initialize and get working every time I restart the car. Retail copies are $$$.

My salesman got my phone connected to my car via bluetooth, but I've had terrible luck with it since then. I think that the version of bluetooth that newer phones use is different that our cars use. But when it's working correctly you should be able to use voice commands to make calls. There's a button on the steering wheel for it.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the info,

I can't seem to get the CDs 1-5 to work right, but 6 plays whatever I have queued up.

I needed an adapter to get it to charge right, but it's working now.

My bluetooth works but the only way I can do voice commands is if I use Audi's interface, it has nothing to do with my phones phonebook. I can scroll through them, but not use voice commands to them.

Oh well there are worse things!

Quick Reply: Potentially Picking up an 07 RS4 Saturday