OT: Fellow Audi Owners, looking for a new job in Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Fellow Audi Owners, looking for a new job in Austin?

I've got a position open in the high tech field and wondered if any of my fellow Audi owners were looking in the Austin area?

Sorry to post off topic, but I would like to up the number of Audi owners here at the office
Old 12-28-2005, 07:30 AM
Rest In Peace

Default I'd love to return to Austin. I lived there in 2001, and that's where I bought my S4.

I'm an IP lawyer, though. Obviously depends on what kind of position you have. Business? Technical?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes, the position and our headquarters are here in Austin,

The position is a technical Support/Engineering role, sorry our legal department is not in need of anyone right now. Good luck on getting back to the Capitol<ul><li><a href="http://www.onfiber.com">http://www.onfiber.com</a</li></ul>
Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Rest In Peace

Cool. Thanks for thinking of your AudiWorld buddies!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default More details?

The job listing doesn't tell me much about the role or qualifications...thanks for thinking of us btw :-)
Old 01-03-2006, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Details for two positions below, thanks for asking

Senior Operations Support Engineer (SONET-DWDM)

This position will provide Tier III Escalation support for the install, configuration, and ongoing support of customer services, and the existing network.

Responsibilities and requirements include:

Design, testing, implementation and project management of firmware / software upgrades / network optimization efforts necessary to maintain customer traffic.
Support the OnFiber network design through interaction with the Engineering and Network Architecture organizations, including lab testing and vendor certification.
Responsible for overall management of OnFiber equipment, facilities and customer circuits.
SONET and DWDM experience preferred
Approximately 15% of the time the engineer will be required to assist with projects in the field.
On-call schedule required

Senior Operations Support Engineer (Switch and Routing)

This position will provide Tier III Escalation support for the install, configuration, and ongoing support of customer services, and the OnFiber network.

Responsibilities and requirements include:

Design, testing, implementation and project management of firmware / software upgrades / network optimization efforts necessary to maintain customer traffic.
Support network design through interaction with Engineering and Network Architecture organizations, including lab testing and vendor certification.
Responsible for overall management of equipment, facilities and customer circuits.
Ethernet Layer 2 and Layer 3 experience required.
Approximately 15% of the time the engineer will be required to assist with projects in the field.
On-call schedule required<ul><li><a href="http://www.onfiber.com">http://www.onfiber.com</a</li></ul>
Old 01-04-2006, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Much clearer, thanks.

In my former life I was much more likely to take a shot at one of those but I've moved into IT Audit and Compliance over the last couple of years and I really don't miss being on-call in a tech/customer support role. I think it would take more money than anyone would be willing to pay to send me back to that type of role :-)

I bet you will find somebody pretty soon though. Lots of people out there are looking.