Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software Contribution for SD Media Management

Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Software Contribution for SD Media Management

I was hugely frustrated trying to get my SD card to have workable music. File names were messed up and my playlists rarely found the music in the folder. (This was mostly due to m3u not being properly formatted for windows with CR and LF in that order.) Also I had to change the path separators coming from Unix to Windows. All a PITA.

Most of my music had artwork in iTunes but it never showed up on the MMI.

I wanted clean file names as the MMI nicely shows the artist, album and song title.

As I'm a retired C programmer I decided to learn a little applescript and python to get the jobs done.

Now after many iterations to determine what the MMI wanted, I now have a 64GB SD Card with about 7000 songs organized including artwork. I also can export any iTunes playlist to the SD in a separate folder for playlists.

You can download the scripts in the next link for your own use. If you modify it, please let me know so we can all use your enhancements. Please read the page carefully as it was programmed for my use and you might have different ideas how it should work.

http://sail-talisman.com/mmi/index.html

I'm not an active user of this forum but when I've needed it, it's been a real life saver. Thank you so much!

Steve

Last edited by stevemac00; 04-10-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Software sounds like what I am needing to move iTunes MP3s to the SD card for use in my Q7.

The link to download the software references back to the file on the author's mac desktop folder.

I was able to download the software by going to the author's website and entering the following after the dotcom:
/mmi/software/iTunesExportSD.scpt