Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Best All Season Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best All Season Tires

I will be swapping out of a 2010 Audi A6 Prestige into a 2012 Audi A6 Prestige with the Prestige 18inch all season tires. I have test driven the Audi Sport Package Vehicles and the ride is too rigid or harsh for me.

That being said, I am planing to buy a set of 20 inch OEM A6 Rims or the 20 inch 5 Arm Titanium Rim. What would be the best all season tires I should get. Some people say continental, michellen, pirelli, etc...

This is the order of importance to me:

1) Ride Comfort
2) Road/Highway Noise
3) Threadwear

Basically I wanted the 20 inch rims look but as much as possible not sacrifice the ride

Let me know your experience or opinions.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JessieM
I will be swapping out of a 2010 Audi A6 Prestige into a 2012 Audi A6 Prestige with the Prestige 18inch all season tires. I have test driven the Audi Sport Package Vehicles and the ride is too rigid or harsh for me.

That being said, I am planing to buy a set of 20 inch OEM A6 Rims or the 20 inch 5 Arm Titanium Rim. What would be the best all season tires I should get. Some people say continental, michellen, pirelli, etc...

This is the order of importance to me:

1) Ride Comfort
2) Road/Highway Noise
3) Threadwear

Basically I wanted the 20 inch rims look but as much as possible not sacrifice the ride

Let me know your experience or opinions.
You hit the main one. Conti DWS and Michelins are very good. The user reports on Tire Rack is very good at the feedback on the tires.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've been happiest with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S for performance all-seasons. I was not at all happy with Bridgestone Pole Position RE90s on my Jag VDP S/C--they were abysmal in the snow (got stuck in about 1/2") and wore much faster than the Michelins. My last set on the Jag was Toyo TourEvo II and I really liked them for the 5k I drove them, but they're more of a grand touring tire--didn't handle sharply, but rode great and were quiet (and they were very good in a bit of snow).
Old 06-12-2012, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am in the same predicament. I have just over 45K on my Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S and am ready for some new A/S tires. These tires were very good. Great dry/wet traction. Great comfort and noise levels. Snow traction was above average and I'm happy getting over 45K miles. My only gripe is the lack of rim protection, both functionally and aesthetically.

I've seen forum users rave about the Conti DWS, but I have also heard they have soft sidewalls and are a bit spongy. I've also read really good things about the Yokohama Avid Envigor, but I hear they get noisy and lack snow traction.

I'm wondering if anyone here could shed some light on the following tires:

1. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
2. Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S

What I've read is that is a sacrifice in noise levels, comfort and tread life while gaining dry and wet grip. What love to hear from forum users if they have any experience with these tires. I'm really debating on getting another set of the Michelin Exaltos and dealing with the lack of rim protection.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

looking for the best of both worlds for my R8. anyone make an all season yet high performance tire so i dont have to garage this thing as long in the winter?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyled
looking for the best of both worlds for my R8. anyone make an all season yet high performance tire so i dont have to garage this thing as long in the winter?
Tire rack has some great selection of tires - Read the reviews of the ones recommended here. But for winter use I still recommend a snow tire - and I run allseasons for summer use because they are quiet, longer lasting, and still give great performance.