Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Audi allroad oil leak 2.7T

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any more for any more??? Come on guys, bring your thoughts on!!! Share your experience... Help please...
Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since it didn't leak bad until you took it out and drove it hard I'm thinking maybe your building up pressure inside the engine and blowing oil out past the seals/gaskets. Thinking pressure from the turbo boost is leaking into the engine through a breather. Look for a problem in the PVC system and/or get the breathable oil filler cap.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So as can imagine, the PVC system (breather) is what is shown below in the picture (correct me if I'm wrong). The only thing that's may be foulty here is an air pupm (again, correct me if I'm wrong) as I can't imagine how air pipes can become blocked.... or maybe there is something more I should know???
Now the other thing: lets assume its pressure foult... what is the way to find the weakest link (leaking seal)??? or what are the best sequent steps for exact leak detection!!!
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The air pipes can become clogged if you or the previous owner ran cheap, heaven forbid conventional oil, in it. Turbo engines are very hard on oil and a oil that is not up to the task will create sludge. This sludge can build up inside the PCV system and clog it up. Only synthetic VW 502 approved or better oil should be used in the 2.7t.

Knock on wood, but my Allroad has no leaks. It came with all service records and was always run on very good synthetic oil, dealer changed. I checked my PCV system when I bought it and it was very clean.

My 2.8 A4, on the other hand, had been run on quicky lube conventional oil for about 40k miles prior to my ownership. The system in that car is not clogged, but there is a fair bit of buildup. Both engines have similar # of miles.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So according to the pic above what breather parts would you recommend to replace???
Old 01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There is no much help from you guys... And I do know that there are quite a few really good on engines in here somewhere...

So i'm going to remove the engine and try to find it out by my self... (I'll have to rent a garage with nececery equipment to accomplish this!!!).
Old 01-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rylis
So as can imagine, the PVC system (breather) is what is shown below in the picture (correct me if I'm wrong). The only thing that's may be foulty here is an air pupm (again, correct me if I'm wrong) as I can't imagine how air pipes can become blocked.... or maybe there is something more I should know???
Now the other thing: lets assume its pressure foult... what is the way to find the weakest link (leaking seal)??? or what are the best sequent steps for exact leak detection!!!
This picture looks like the secondary airinjection system. Runs vaccum but different from your vaccum pvc system thats probally causing your problem. A known problem on the 2.7 motor is the valve cover gaskets leak because of sludge build up in the pvc system. If you reach behind the valve cover on the drivers side and feel oil thats probally your best bet to the source. The valve cover gasket can leak as well as the cam plug gasket. on the front of the passenger side of the engine and on the back of the driver side. ECS tuning has a decent kit that works. But youll probally have to replace a round diaphragm that is connected to the driver side of the intake y pipe right on top of the motor. It seizes up and causes back pressure to blow out the gaskets. hope this was helpful
Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

also recommend the updated oil cap, also at ecs tuning
Old 01-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by robby777
also recommend the updated oil cap, also at ecs tuning
Could you please post a link or part # for the updated oil cap?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by STL_allroad
Could you please post a link or part # for the updated oil cap?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-All_Ro..._Cap/ES251141/

Quick Reply: Audi allroad oil leak 2.7T