Passing thought...... do you like to be called a mooch, roach, jerk-off, stroke, mullet, pipe smoker

Old 12-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Lane Shark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I don't have a reading comprehension" - yep, it shows
Old 12-01-2006, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheapest deal isn't always the best deal. You might come to that realization some day, then again

maybe not.

Funny, last time I was in Canada, several people commented on the reputation for Canadians being poor tippers. Since this is your philosophy, I'm guessing you never tip, eh?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Why flog the "drones" then? Makes the floggee look stupid;-)
Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow...gone a day and look what I miss. A few likely useless points and one question.

1) April, you make some great points, and whoever you work for now should be looking up at the sky thanking whatever God they believe in for having such a passionate employee like you.
2) I think the majority of people who have some disdain for a "dealership", whether its for a good reason or not (in their opinion), keep it non-personal and aren't trying to pick at you personally. I liken it to people bad-mouthing banks and the government (oops, bad example ;-) You may hate the "institution", but you likely don't have any problem with the employees who form the institution.
3) I think you've done a commendable job in making people aware that their comments do cause some hurt to people who are AW'ers and dealer employees. Likely, some of those people will watch their "mouth" in the future, but some won't - either b/c they have feel they have legitimate reasons to speak that way or b/c they just don't care.
4) Given that free speech is a cornerstone of democracy (blah, blah, blah), and given #3 above, eventually you'll probably have one of three choices to make: a) ignore the people b) continue fighting back or c) bail on the forums completely.
5) Next time you start a "what-if" analysis, you need to pick some better insult words. Mooch, roach, jerk-off, stroke, mullet, pipe smoker??? Your time in SoCal (right?) has robbed you of some creative insulting that makes a good Canadian. ;-)

Now for the question;

Alex, how much did you pay April to stick up for you? ;-P
Old 12-01-2006, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Publicly blanket labeling everyone in a certain industry when your beef

may be with only some of them, is imprecise and alienates the very people who are in a position to help you. Most of those people whom you insult with your "statement of defiance" have nothing to do with setting the price, and so you take potential allies who might argue your case to people higher up, and turn them against you. That is a childish move IMHO.

If you want to make a statement that actually might do <b>you</b> some good, start an online petition/survey that you can send to the general managers of local dealers to show them all the business they are missing. You can make it automated for the most part. Just whining about it by calling people names is pointless.

I know there are sucky dealers. There are sucky individuals at good dealers. Some dealers take advantage of their position. I just prefer to be more precise in my approval or disapproval by naming names when possible. That way if I need to call upon assistance, chances are I still have some "friendlies" who will treat me right. If my negative feedback causes problems for an individual, that's karma.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Tree fiddy : )
Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM

Default WTF are you talking about? (more)

You are stretching. Where did I ever say I dont tip, or tip poorly? As a matter of fact, i tip 20% of the final bill. not 15% of the pretax bill, so seriously stuff it.

Second, the cheapest deal IS the BEST deal. Why would I pay say $250 for a front control arm at the dealership, when I can pay $200 for the EXACT same part elsewhere? Parts are parts, as long as they are the same parts, the best deal is found for the cheapest price.

I dont mean to disrespect you in this post at all. (other than the stuff it!)

Your friendly neighbourhood douchebag.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:07 AM

He picks 1 and 3. and only the protion of Hard work.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL...set myself up. (Wow, you have to scroll down a football field to post!)
Old 12-01-2006, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default You're making my point for me, better than I can hope to do:)

Oh, and while I don't know how much you tip, I thought it rather odd that the subject came up out of the blue several times over 3 weeks there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Passing thought...... do you like to be called a mooch, roach, jerk-off, stroke, mullet, pipe smoker