A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Open Hatch / Unlock Doors w/ Remote When Car is Running

Old 02-19-2013, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Hatch / Unlock Doors w/ Remote When Car is Running

I have a 2013 A7 Prestige and one pet peeve of mine is that it when the car is running, you can not remotely lock the doors. Also, the hatch does not open with the remote or with the button on the hatch.

I'm in the Northeast so frequently in the winter I'll start the car for a few minutes then go inside while it's warming up. After I start the car, I'd like to lock it for security. I can't find a way to lock it. The keyless touch buttons don't respond and the lock button on the remote don't work.

Similarly if the car is running, if you want to open the hatch to load some cargo, it appears as though the only way to open the hatch is to use the switch on the inside of the driver's door. The remote hatch open and the button on the hatch do not respond unless you turn the ignition off.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tlaz
I have a 2013 A7 Prestige and one pet peeve of mine is that it when the car is running, you can not remotely lock the doors. Also, the hatch does not open with the remote or with the button on the hatch.

I'm in the Northeast so frequently in the winter I'll start the car for a few minutes then go inside while it's warming up. After I start the car, I'd like to lock it for security. I can't find a way to lock it. The keyless touch buttons don't respond and the lock button on the remote don't work.

Similarly if the car is running, if you want to open the hatch to load some cargo, it appears as though the only way to open the hatch is to use the switch on the inside of the driver's door. The remote hatch open and the button on the hatch do not respond unless you turn the ignition off.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Only option to have the car running and lock, start the car then separate the Mechanical key and insert it into the door and lock it, the hatch can be opening while the car is running from the button on the back.

First off, check in the glove compartment to make sure that the valet feature isnt activated, the valet button has a little light, if the light is on hit the valet button then try to open the trunk while the car is running from the exterior handle, if the valet is not activated, then check in central locking in car systems, there should be an option for exterior trunk handle lock, if its on then turn it off, if its off then turn it on, then try the trunk again.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post. I verified that the valet feature is off. I also tried toggling the exterior trunk handle lock setting but I still can't open the hatch with the remote or with the button on the hatch.

Next I'm going to experiment with the advanced key settings to see if that's part of the problem.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tlaz
Thanks for the post. I verified that the valet feature is off. I also tried toggling the exterior trunk handle lock setting but I still can't open the hatch with the remote or with the button on the hatch.

Next I'm going to experiment with the advanced key settings to see if that's part of the problem.
wow, well - to open the trunk with the remote you have to hold the button for 2 or 3 seconds, and if that is not working, take it to the dealer