Brakes Discussion Discussion forum regarding brake tuning, upgrades and questions

TT RS sfront brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT RS sfront brake problem

I purchased TTRS this past fall as CPO from Audi dealer in Colorado. I noticed vibration when applying brakes but was not too bad at first but now is horrible. Took to dealer and they say front rotors warped and show sign of over heating so won't cover under warranty. I suspect the previous owner had the car on track but only speculation. I haven't done the type of driving that could over heat the brakes.

Audi and Dealer (Dealer wouldn't even call me back) won't do anything and so I would caution anyone purchasing a CPO from Audi to get your mechanic to look car over before you just take Audi's word that all is fine. I would not buy another CPO. I did save some money over new car but not worth the aggravation I am having.

I have seen comment that the Front brakes are not well designed and over heat with a few laps around a track.

Question-

should I replace with the same TT RS brakes or switch to something else. Not sure what might fit here.

Thanks in advance for any help.