A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

19 inch Tire Reccomendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My A7 Exclusive with 19s just got to the dealer. Was hoping it would come with the Pirelli Cinturato 7s but instead came with the Goodyear LS2s. Also deciding whether to swap them right away or live with the LS2s for awhile.

Also liked the reviews on TR for the Hankook Ultra Performance All Season Ventus S1 Noble 2.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by onthebeam
My A7 Exclusive with 19s just got to the dealer. Was hoping it would come with the Pirelli Cinturato 7s but instead came with the Goodyear LS2s. Also deciding whether to swap them right away or live with the LS2s for awhile.

Also liked the reviews on TR for the Hankook Ultra Performance All Season Ventus S1 Noble 2.
So Far, so good! I do notice that they are a tad bit noiser on certain roads vs the ls2's, but not bothersome or unbearable by any means. I am assuming this because they are new, and im sure the rubber compound is a bit tougher w/ a 70k treadlife....if I get close to that, I will be extremely impressed!

As for fuel economy, it seams about the same as the LS2's, but its hard to tell because the weather has been nicer and my Lead Foot has been coming out a bit more :-). Would've liked to test them in snow because that is where the reviews say they really excel but really no snow since buying them.

Where the tires rock are wet and dry grip! For an all season grand touring, the car really takes curves, on and off ramps really well with great grip. My experience in the rain has been really great as well, virtually no hydroplaning. These positives make the small road noise an afterthought. For the price ($227 per tire!), I would definitely recommend these tires! With that said, the LS2's weren't that bad, I only was forced to get new tires due to bubbling one up....I probably would've kept them on until at least 30k if not for the damaged tire.

Cant miss either, way, hope this info helps!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by A7Lani
So Far, so good! I do notice that they are a tad bit noiser on certain roads vs the ls2's, but not bothersome or unbearable by any means. I am assuming this because they are new, and im sure the rubber compound is a bit tougher w/ a 70k treadlife....if I get close to that, I will be extremely impressed!

As for fuel economy, it seams about the same as the LS2's, but its hard to tell because the weather has been nicer and my Lead Foot has been coming out a bit more :-). Would've liked to test them in snow because that is where the reviews say they really excel but really no snow since buying them.

Where the tires rock are wet and dry grip! For an all season grand touring, the car really takes curves, on and off ramps really well with great grip. My experience in the rain has been really great as well, virtually no hydroplaning. These positives make the small road noise an afterthought. For the price ($227 per tire!), I would definitely recommend these tires! With that said, the LS2's weren't that bad, I only was forced to get new tires due to bubbling one up....I probably would've kept them on until at least 30k if not for the damaged tire.

Cant miss either, way, hope this info helps!

A7Lani, I just found this thread. You mind updating us on the Pirelli's after a full year on the tires?
Old 04-21-2015, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Last Friday I picked up my 2012 A7 in Minneapolis and drove it back to Phoenix. The dealer in MN put P7s V rated on the car, super quiet except when pavement has groves perpendicular to direction of travel. Handled we pavement nicely and not sure if it is the car or the tires but the ride was very nice
Old 04-22-2015, 09:24 AM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I am using the Conti DWS. Extremely satisfied with year round traction, great in the snow, quiet and good tread life.