A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

RS7 vs A7+new toy

Old 10-01-2013, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
I think you are right! Cobra it is
Nice! Multiple pictures when the deal is done please!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Nice! Multiple pictures when the deal is done please!

Take it from me, you will not regret it!

Name:  IMG_59941_zpsd7eb72a0.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  89.8 KB
Old 10-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomV
Take it from me, you will not regret it!

Nice which kit is it?
I am checking Ferraris too haha I'm thinking testarossa, maranello, cobra, so many options
Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It is a Factory Five that I built about 6 years ago. It has a Ford Motorsports crate 347 that makes 450 hp. It is a handful to say the least.

If you are seriously interested in buying or building one of these do yourself a favor and drive one first. Tons of fun but also very very loud and the polar opposite of an A7 in terms of comfort and convenience (mine has no roof for example, no radio, no power brakes or steering, you get the idea). The Cobras are really 4 wheel drive motorcycles for all intents and purposes and that includes safety (or lack thereof).

On the other hand, it is ridiculously fun to drive, gets tons of attention and gives you tons of smiles per mile.

The "replica" label is not really an issue any more, there are so many nicely done replicas out there that people just enjoy seeing them now, plus with the value of the originals you will almost never see a "real" one on the road any more.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Tom
Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TomV
It is a Factory Five that I built about 6 years ago. It has a Ford Motorsports crate 347 that makes 450 hp. It is a handful to say the least.

If you are seriously interested in buying or building one of these do yourself a favor and drive one first. Tons of fun but also very very loud and the polar opposite of an A7 in terms of comfort and convenience (mine has no roof for example, no radio, no power brakes or steering, you get the idea). The Cobras are really 4 wheel drive motorcycles for all intents and purposes and that includes safety (or lack thereof).

On the other hand, it is ridiculously fun to drive, gets tons of attention and gives you tons of smiles per mile.

The "replica" label is not really an issue any more, there are so many nicely done replicas out there that people just enjoy seeing them now, plus with the value of the originals you will almost never see a "real" one on the road any more.

best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Tom
I know about the quality of the "replicas" and in every case more fun to drive than the originals, I was looking at backdraft or ERA kits, superformance I think is a little overpriced, a friend of mine has one kit and it is amazing the sound and everything this will be a weekend car so I don't care about the lack of comfort, and for the safety issues I already have a Ducati that fulfills my desire for danger, I am sure the cobra will never be as dangerous as the bike. I miss my Ferrari 550 and I want to get another one or maybe a 80s icon like the testarossa, maintenance wise the cobra is always way cheaper, you can find parts literally everywhere, and the looks is amazing. So basically all this started because I could spend 50k and get an RS7 or keep the A7 and get a 50k toy, in every case I think most people agree with the A7 +toy.
I LOVE my A7 and with the tune I did it is really fast, I was checking acceleration with an app and it is really fast (0-60 4.13, 0-100 9.56)
Thanks for the info

Last edited by feralc; 05-28-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Banned

Sorry to revive an old thread, some of you know I was looking for a red Italian mistress to be unfaithful to my German love.
Looking for the right Toy I found this one.
Price accepted, I am going to pick it up this Friday, it is a long ride from the Bay Area to San Diego and only if something weird happens in these two days I am not going to be the new proud owner of this beautiful backdraft cobra.
What do you guys think?
Hope you like it, I am thrilled
Attached Images          

Last edited by feralc; 03-19-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow! Congrats, that thing is gorgeous!
Old 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
What do you guys think?
Hope you like it, I am thrilled
I think you should be a very happy person. That's beautiful!

What's with the bumperettes? They don't look sturdy enough for lifting or towing.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Welcome to the club!
Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2014, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

As my wife keeps reminding me, "The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!" (-:

Last edited by fkaufman; 03-20-2014 at 03:26 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS7 vs A7+new toy