A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Audio upgrade A6: best aftermarket solution?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whit3Knight
I would like to know all the details ljaudi. I recently purchased an 06 A6 with the Bose system and I'm not impressed. It sounds alright in surround mode but its nothing compared to my previous vehicles aftermarket JL Audio system. I'm very curious as to what lengths I must go through to seamlessly do this on my A6. Can you give me the run down?
How much are you willing to spend? If I have a better idea on your budget I can guide you in the right direction.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ljaudi
I have an 05 a6 that came with the bose stereo. I wasn't really impressed with the stock bose system so I had aftermarket speakers, sub, and amplifier installed. I have hertz speakers, audison amp, and jl audio sub. My new system sounds amazing. I highly recommend it. If you want any more info just let me know.
If it's not too late I want all the info. I came from a 97 BMW e39 with massive stereo, the audi medium one sounds distorted. I'm considering moving my hertz 2 part composite speakers and my 2x10" kicker sub into it but I'm not sure how. don't wanna ruin the interior. I wanna keep the original unit if possible. BTW mine came without aux/usb/BT,only a 6 disc changwr, how did u get up connections going?

Thanks in advance, Ruben
Old 11-28-2015, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Ljaudi has not logged onto the forum in nearly 4 years.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you do aftermarket subwoofer wiring with bose amp

Originally Posted by ljaudi
I have an 05 a6 that came with the bose stereo. I wasn't really impressed with the stock bose system so I had aftermarket speakers, sub, and amplifier installed. I have hertz speakers, audison amp, and jl audio sub. My new system sounds amazing. I highly recommend it. If you want any more info just let me know.
I am wondering how to properly wire a sub and amp to the factory bose amp in 2006 audi a6 quattro. i recently did a loc and tapped into the bose amp and hooked up a 1100 watt amp n sub. and got it all to work even though had to unplug everytime turned car off which lead to me unhooking it from battery in trunk. and then a week later i re plugged everything in and fried the entire amp. and the whole audi mmi interface was fried as well. and am payiny 600 to get a used bose/mmi amp module installed because it is 1200 for a brand new one which is ridiculous.

so i am wondering how to hook everything up correctly and if it would be better/safer to have car toys do the wiring
Old 01-06-2018, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by audigang1919
I am wondering how to properly wire a sub and amp to the factory bose amp in 2006 audi a6 quattro. i recently did a loc and tapped into the bose amp and hooked up a 1100 watt amp n sub. and got it all to work even though had to unplug everytime turned car off which lead to me unhooking it from battery in trunk. and then a week later i re plugged everything in and fried the entire amp. and the whole audi mmi interface was fried as well. and am payiny 600 to get a used bose/mmi amp module installed because it is 1200 for a brand new one which is ridiculous.

so i am wondering how to hook everything up correctly and if it would be better/safer to have car toys do the wiring
the best way is to buy an optical->analog converter
i put in MoBridge lots of years ago..still works super! (you might find cheaper nowadays..i had an Dietz chep converter when testing my system)
mObridge | Bridging media, communication, and lifestyle with your vehicle.
cheers/H