Looking to buy 1984 Audi Quattro 4000 S and 1986 q 5000

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just one for each wheel. You should be able to see if fluid is leaking out somewhere. It would either be at the caliper or somewhere between the clutch cylinders. It's also possible that one of the hard lines has a hole in it, but again you should be able to see if it's leaking.

What you might do is open all the bleeder valves (including the clutch slave) and Make something like this from a spare cap to blow it out:

That'll get all the old fluid out of the system so at least you know you're starting fresh. It's also easier to get the air out that way as it's going to be air at one end and fluid pushing it out rather than bubbles mixed in.

You can bleed using that cap/compressor setup as well, but you have to be sure to fill the reservoir completely and not let it get down too far or air can get in, and you'll need a second person.

-Rog
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i know the clutch slave cylinder is shot... so it could be going there? and not allowing my brakes to bleed? :/ i have a new clutch master and slave...

also, does anyone know where i could get a front air damn like this?

<3
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's hard to tell from that pic, but looking at this one:

I'm pretty sure it's the Euro version, which looks like this:

I've always liked the FWD one myself:

I'm sure the Euro one can only be had on ebay.de and with a very nice person to put it on a boat for you. Unless you absolutely wanted the grooves across the front, you could get a similar look with a more sharp and aggressive lip pretty easily with some ABS sheet and plastic filler.

I would definitely wait and see how things are going to fit with your intercooler (if you're going to use one). I know my intercooler wouldn't have fit with the pre-facelift front fascia. If you have to modify it anyway then you could just reshape the stock one.

-Rog
Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmm, may just be easier/cheaper to make my own if thats what i want to do...
Man i really need to get working on that car again. I need money though.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I literally can't find an air damn under any audi model name/search keyword, anything. audi 4000, 90, 80, cabriolet, fox. none of them yield anything on the foreign ebay. Google shows nothing...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, you'll have to search in German on eBay.de. Also, rather than 4000, you'll have to use "typ 85" or "typ 81". Note that there's no "e" on "typ".

Keywords you might have luck with are: "stoßstange" (bumper), "vorne stoßfänger" (front bumper), "frontstoßstange" (front bumper), and "vorfacelift" (pre-facelift).

Probably searching for "typ (85,81) vorne vorfacelift" without the quotes will find one if it's on there. I didn't see anything but bumper covers just now, but you can check once in awhile.

There's some awesome things on there, like if you search for "taxicockpit" you'll find a sweet instrument cluster cover they made for taxis that's extended for extra gauges. Pricey though.

-Rog
Old 01-02-2013, 12:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Rog! i was searching german ebay and ebay.co.uk many times. ill keep checking though.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

OKAY update time! Car is still in current condition... needing clutch, wiring completed (anyone willing to give me a guide? Rog?), wheel bearing (maybe?) bent tie rod, calipers rebuilt, fuel pump (anyone got a good used one?!) oil pan changed over and oil pan gasket. then to figure out how to route the turbo with no intercooler (until i can afford one?!) oh and i need the drivers side ebrake cable... i HAVE a brand new clutch master and slave cylinder...

SOooooo, i sold my truck. i have 1350 dollar and then some... can this be done? Anyone willing to help? im gonna see if i can't utilize my friends shop in tacoma for the weekend (is THAT possible? lol) and get it running!!! my biggest problem is the wiring. it has me SO confused. ive read over and over what to do. but wiring has always been my downside. Help?? It's sad seeing it sitting there. Its either i fix it or i sell it to the people that offered to buy today. I'm going to call tomorrow and see anyway... Or i get a cheap honda to drive.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Someone please help! :O
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well so much for this.. anyone wanna buy this? i owe my friend 500$ for it still. and i dont have the income to finish. starting at 700 OBO. you gets everything.... either that or i find a way to stick the stock engine back in. and run it with the stock NA... but then i still owe my friend 500$..... so back to selling it.

In the meantime i picked up this.... You can see the poor audi lurking in the back ground.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy 1984 Audi Quattro 4000 S and 1986 q 5000