A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Recent MMI and Steering updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Well that is the latest for 2012s because the 2013s (at least the A6) are getting a 0566 version that enables street view in google maps, unless the hardware is different (which I really doubt it) we are not getting the latest latest.
My 2013 A7 (Aug build I think) has P0566 and 5.6.5

larry
Old 10-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I took mine in yesterday and there wasn't a MMI update for my 2012. I asked to see if there was an update for the 2013 and they said that they would have to run a VIN to see.

I'd love to add the Google Street View if it's available for the 12's. I passed on a 13 to buy a 12 at a good deal. I really wish I would have bought a 13 now.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

BasicSlvr thanks for the screen shot - it was helpful. To confirm do you have a 2012 A7 Prestige (or a model with Bose)? And what does your iPhone cable look like? Here's the latest when I pressed the issue with Audi Dallas.

"The update you referenced was originally written for the European market, I’m told. It allows for more features with an iPod/phone, including some additional level of graphics I believe. The software is available here, and it might work on your car. I am told the primary application is for the B&O system, but I am frankly not positive. The other catch is that the cable from car-to-phone must be updated as well. That cable is about $75. That is the most current information I have right now. I can schedule this for you. I believe it will take about an hour."
Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deanrose
BasicSlvr thanks for the screen shot - it was helpful. To confirm do you have a 2012 A7 Prestige (or a model with Bose)? And what does your iPhone cable look like? Here's the latest when I pressed the issue with Audi Dallas.

"The update you referenced was originally written for the European market, I’m told. It allows for more features with an iPod/phone, including some additional level of graphics I believe. The software is available here, and it might work on your car. I am told the primary application is for the B&O system, but I am frankly not positive. The other catch is that the cable from car-to-phone must be updated as well. That cable is about $75. That is the most current information I have right now. I can schedule this for you. I believe it will take about an hour."
Yes, my car is a 2012 A7 prestige with Bose. Build date 11/11. I dont understand the reference to the MMI cable. I currently have the blue Apple cable. I have not upgraded to the red one. I only use it with my iPod, not my phone. No reason since I rely on the BT function. I recommend contacting another dealer to get thier opinion on the matter. I was provided with this update when raising the issue of mmi freezing. The update did improve the quality of the Bose sound to some extent. (per my OP) I also noticed for the first time in Nav, 3D buildings appeared when driving in Boston on the Std map setting.(non Google)
Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default TSB for Speakers

I have been looking on line and can not find them.

Does anyone have the TSB for the center console and door speaker rattle they can pass along?

Thanks,

Sully
Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

All -

Got my 2012 A7 Prestige w/ Bose into Audi of Dallas last week and received the MMI update. There is actually a newer version (K0566) which can be applied. It was apparently released on 10/25/2012 to the dealers.

Attaching the highlights of what it covers.

[IMG]www.deanrose.com/images/MMI SW K0566 Update.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-05-2012, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Old 11-07-2012, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by deanrose
Hello,
Did anybody get this update on 2012 A7 and confirmed that the Google Street View works?

Thank you,
Silvian
Old 11-07-2012, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

While a later MMI software might be necessary, it's possible that Google Street View is available automatically from Google through AudiConnect. (I have PO566 in my 2013 A6)

To use Street View:

Press MMI **** to enter map scroll mode
Using the keypad, scroll the map and center the crosshairs on a road that you know has Street View as in Google Maps available on your laptop or home computer
If you see a yellow icon of a person in the map scale section on the MMI screen, zoom in using the MMI **** closer than 30M. (There are at least two levels of zoom in Street View)
You will then see the street view; scroll the camera around and move it along the street by tapping the on screen arrows using the keypad

Notes:
When you press the MMI ****, it doesn't position the crosshairs on your current position but on the center of the map.
I believe you must have VIM enabled to activate Street View if the car is moving; Street View will not follow the car as it moves.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did anyone find out what is the deal about the door seals?

Quick Reply: Recent MMI and Steering updates