RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

CampioniShop: SuperSprint's RS4 full exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The downpipes will not work with the stock system as they are oversized at 70mm, you will need a adapter pipe and will compromise the overall performance of the system.

Originally Posted by maxbhp
What is the audiworld price for the 70mm HJS Hi Flow Catted downpipes? Can they work by themselves with out the supersprint midpipe?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Banned

Umm, great, I think you've made your point here....and every other post regarding their exhaust.

I'm asking the seller of this product about the downpipes, and downpipes only.
Hi Max. I've never posted anywhere else about their exhaust. Not sure if you are confusing me with someone else.

If you'll notice, the thread we're both posting in addresses their full RS4 exhaust system. If you'll also notice, my post did not quote you, nor did it address your question in any way.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CampioniShop
We won't start this debate again here, and will put an end to it on the "other" forum by simply posting the dyno sheets of the full 70mm SuperSprint tested that lost low end TQ and mid range for little to no gains up top versus their stepped design.

To reduce the diameter as you go toward the back of the car is a good solution because the gas becomes colder and denser, heavier and slower as close you are to the endpipes, so if you reduce the diameter (checking the backpressure and the power delivery on the dyno to avoid power loss) you have less gas to move and reduced inertia on the engine, better throttle response.

This system is not TUV approved - so that has nothing to do with it, nor it is the piping pricing. 70mm is barely any more expensive than 65mm, we wouldn't compromise the system for a few bucks.

Not only that, the 70mm induced a lot more drone inside the cabin.
Just for the record, what are your qualifications to speak for SuperSprint by saying things like 'we' and talking about the intricacies of the product design?

You've mostly been quoting old school exhaust design cliches like the backpressure myth etc. and comparing big power turbocharged car exhaust diameters as justification for the 2.35" naturally aspirated RS4 exhaust you're selling here. That's a big red flag for anyone who is paying attention.

I know SuperSprint is a reasonably large exhaust company, operating in Europe. I just don't understand who you are, other than being their north american drop-shipper?

Originally Posted by CampioniShop
The downpipes will not work with the stock system as they are oversized at 70mm, you will need a adapter pipe and will compromise the overall performance of the system.
2.75 necking down to 2.35 is going to 'compromise' the system?

Isn't that what your catback does (albeit more gradually)?

Last edited by sakimano; 02-15-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

We use the reference "we" as most if not all of the technical talks are directly copy and pasted and highly relevant to the daily technical discussions we have with SuperSprint engineers. We sometimes adapt their message for english usage and they are italian and do not use the same wordings as we do.

The turbocharged example from the 70mm full system with the 997 Turbo S was merely an example to showcase how a twin turbocharged 3.8 required a 2x70mm exhaust due to the excessive flow characteristics of the Porsche turbocharged engines and highly space limited exhaust systems. To give SuperSprint intentions that their sole justification for not running a full 70mm system on the RS4 due to the other systems SuperSprint design is taking our words out of context.

The gradual and progressive step design is totally different than going from 2.75 to 2.35 in one small slip joint right at the downpipes.

I hope we answered all your interrogations on the SuperSprint system from the piping diameter, to their qualification as exhaust manufacture, to the veracity of the dynographs, to the premise of cost reduction as the main selection factor in piping diameter, to the TUV approval which is not the case, and now to our qualifications.

Originally Posted by sakimano
Just for the record, what are your qualifications to speak for SuperSprint by saying things like 'we' and talking about the intricacies of the product design?

You've mostly been quoting old school exhaust design cliches like the backpressure myth etc. and comparing big power turbocharged car exhaust diameters as justification for the 2.35" naturally aspirated RS4 exhaust you're selling here. That's a big red flag for anyone who is paying attention.

I know SuperSprint is a reasonably large exhaust company, operating in Europe. I just don't understand who you are, other than being their north american drop-shipper?

2.75 necking down to 2.35 is going to 'compromise' the system?

Isn't that what your catback does (albeit more gradually)?

Last edited by CampioniShop; 02-15-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sorry saki, maybe had you confused with someone else.

I currently have a MTM 2.75in cat back so I assume the supersprint downpipes would work fine with my system with a slip joint.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Banned

Sorry saki, maybe had you confused with someone else.

I currently have a MTM 2.75in cat back so I assume the supersprint downpipes would work fine with my system with a slip joint.
a full 2.75" exhaust will be excellent. I'm sure you've heard videos of Mick's...not too loud really (his is JHM though) and a really nice sound...while being optimal for all motor RS4 performance.

a friend locally has a fully catless 2.75" exhaust on his RS4 and it sounds excellent. IT was quieter than my old full 2.5" catless B7 S4.

You can hear his car rev at the beginning of this video, the red car. The loud lumpy idle is a dragstrip car behind us. The yellow car is another fully catless 2.5" B7 S4. You can see that the S4 is miles louder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuXShGfjT0c
Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Offroad use only, of course
Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So the yellow S4 on the left has an X pipe with no resonator, what about the RS with the JHM 2.75" setup?
Surprised that if everything being the same the 2.5 is louder than the 2.75"