Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

6MT owners, clutch pedal squeaks and travel isn't smooth when warm

Old 01-12-2011, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkster
Still trying to get my clutch fixed, they told me the car was operating to spec last time. The issue is very heat dependent. In the warmer months, the problem surfaced fairly quickly when driven and gets annoying every time i drive the car. In the winter here in the NorthEast, I have to drive a good 35-50 miles before the problem starts to surface... the vibrations are still present for me as well. I wish the clutch didnt have these issues, because the car is awesome otherwise.

I have been driving the A4 mostly since i have winter shoes on them.. the dunlops don't like the snow and i haven't gotten new shoes for the winter since i want this probloem resolved first.... I have so many plans for the car, but want to get the clutch squared away first.
That's exactly like my car. Now during the colder months it has been much better (meaning it takes long time to appear) but last summer during hot months it was really bad. And also for me, the AoA says that the car works per factory design.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Anyone with a MY 2011 with Clutch Issues??

Just wondering if this has been resolved on the newer vehicles once and for all or if it is still hit or miss.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mine still feels the same. I don't know if it's coming from flywheel and then transfered to clutch (feeling i.e.). I wish there was a fix for this.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

well my clutch pedal is acting funny again. I hear from other car clubs something like this can help the clicking,creak when hot go away cause the grease they use in autoshops can act up when hot. I cant try this til the weekend next week but it FINA wanna give it a try let me know.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/clutc...ng-clutch.html

This is for a different car but this is the same thing that was happening to my car and started again. Sitting in stop and go traffic or if car gets hot pedal clicks and creaks a lil. Hope its this cause I had clutch fully replaced by Audi already

This is also helpful

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic...ressing-5.html
Old 03-17-2011, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone try this out yet?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
Anyone try this out yet?
I guess this "might" help if the clutch was giving the symptoms whether you are engaging to a gear or just pressing the clutch not in gear. Mine does it only when engaging to a gear...
Old 03-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know if the actual shifter changes feel after several years (wears out?), or is it always the actual clutch wearing out that makes it feel different?

Shifting from 1st to 2nd but especially 2nd to 3rd does not feel smooth anymore, but more notchy and requires a little bit more effort to put the shift arm in place (I'm not sure if that makes sense)

If so, I was thinking that upgrading to the JHM short shifter would help... although I want to get it anyways because it is an improvement over stock.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Anyone with MY2011 with any Clutch Issues? Any Feedback?

Just wondering if this has been resolved on the newer vehicles once and for all or if it is still hit or miss.

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Anyone have any updates regarding this issue?

Also - does anyone with MY2011 with a 6MT have similar issues at all? I assume they resolved the issue in the MY2011, hopefully.

That still doesn't fully help us previous MY owners who still have this issue and to ultimately getting a fix that works all the time.

thanks!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I feel bad for the few people in this thread who are having these clutch issues....but I have to wonder if this issue is truly a widespread issue at all.

Some have compared it to BMW's HPFP issue, but the difference there is that the HPFP failures seem to happen to just about everyone. So far I've only seen a small number of B8 Audi owners complaining about these clutch issues.

I also haven't seen a single post on any forum where 2011 model year cars have had the same problem, so I'm thinking that Audi did finally figure it out. And if that's the case, I don't see why there isn't a 100% workable fix for you guys with 2010 models.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6MT owners, clutch pedal squeaks and travel isn't smooth when warm