A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi AMI: difference between part numbers 4E0 057 785 B vs.C

Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi AMI: difference between part numbers 4E0 057 785 B vs.C

Does anyone know the difference between part numbers "4E0 057 785 B" and "4E0 057 785 C".

I've seen a post somewhere on the internet when I was doing research that listed the different letters and some of them corresponded to country specific versions.

I've see "4E0 057 785 B" and "4E0 057 785 F" and I recall Japan having it's own version but there is an UK ebay listing for "4E0 057 785 C" and I'm wondering if this will work for me?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

According to ETKA:

B is used on 2007's serial #022701 through 030000 and on 2008's serial #000001 through 004399.

C is used on all 2008 for CN (China) and ROK (Korea) vehicles, no idea if it will work with other vehicles, or if the language is set, you should ask someone that knows, probably a dealer.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks tashakes!!! I spend hours trying to find it again and couldn't so you saved the rest of my evening. (my girlfriend is very happy I can watch a movie with her now)

I sent a message to the ebay merchant. He accepted my offer for $500 (including MOST/power harness, an iPod adapter, and shipping) on a best offer listing but I have not paid yet. I sent him a message asking him to verify the part number is indeed a C version. He's sold both the B and the C versions in previous listings. His listing with the C version did not have any requirements listed other than it was compatible with >2003 A8's and said that the A8 may need a software update to work with AMI.

I'm at 3360 so I should be good with the B version but who knows about this C one.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ModestW12
I can watch a movie with her now

Hopefully not a chick-flick....

I am surprised that your car being so loaded with most options does not have the AMI, especially with the B&O. Hope it works.

Cheers.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tashakes
Hopefully not a chick-flick....
Definately not a chick flick... we watched "Captialism: A Love Story"

I am surprised that your car being so loaded with most options does not have the AMI, especially with the B&O. Hope it works.
Cheers.
No Kidding. It has everything except for lane change assist/lane departure warning and the rear seat fridge (which can be retrofitted).

I got a response from the ebay merchant:
"Hello. In response to both your messages:
The B & C versions are interchangeable. There is absolutely no difference between them. It will work in your car. We fit many of these every week and to cars that according to Audi are not able to have AMI so I wouldn't worry too much about what Audi says. I am guessing your ETKA information is not 'live' and may be out of date.
I can confirm 100% that there will be no language issues etc with the C.
Please note that there is a small chance that your car (2007) will rquire a software update in order to activate the AMI.

Having said all that, if you still want a B version, I can get it for you in 2 days. I will have to charge you £10 extra as I would only be ordering it for you. I have the C version here and can send within 24 hours of receiveing payment.
Let me know.
Cheers.

- turbo_herbie"
Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default AMI in 2007

Cheers.
AMI was not available until mid-2007 model year, and then only as an option. It was a standard feature starting in MY2008.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by subit0
AMI was not available until mid-2007 model year, and then only as an option. It was a standard feature starting in MY2008.
Sounds right, as my car is a late build 07 and came with it as an option as specified on the window sticker.

Cheers.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Got the AMI kit today today, successfully self-installed it!!!!

The AMI kit shipped from UK yesterday and DHL delivered it today!!! Total cost to me $522.75 USD

I didn't need to remove glove box at all and the "4E0 057 785 C" version works perfectly!!! I have to give thanks to MP4.2+6.0, he was the first I know of to shed light on the fact that removing the glove box to retrofit AMI is not necessary.

Never having done this before, it took me about 30 minutes. I did it without having instructions though I did research the self install extensively prior to doing so. The 30 minutes included moving the changer to the right side and inserting the AMI on the left. I do want to point out that my install seemed to be easier than ones I've read about for two reasons. One, I didn't have to change or enable anything with VCDS (Maybe because my W12 had 3360 MMI s/w version from the get go?). And two, the kit came with a MOST/fiber optic splitter that did not require manipulating the existing MOST/fiber optic connection. The MOST splitter just plugged right into the MOST connector that was originally plugged into the CD changer. If I had to do it again, 5 to 10 minutes tops with the kit I got.

Besides the AMI module and the MOST splitter, my kit came with a power splitter, an iPod AMI cable, and the CD changer pull out tools.

Pulling the changer out with the tools was a snap; insert the tool and push them in until you hear the clicks on each side, then pull out. It came out almost effortlessly. Both the MOST connection and the power connections had a tab that you pushed in to release them. The felt lined filler shelf that was on the right of the CD changer popped out by reaching behind it with my left hand and using a finger on my right hand through the hole in the back of the box and pulling with a light to moderate force.

After looking in there to see where best to route the power and MOST splitter cabling, I went ahead and reinstalled the CD changer on the right side first, pushing it in little by little as I routed the excess MOST and power cabling to a cavity behind the left side of the AMI/CD Changer bays. Finally, I connected both splitter ends to the AMI unit and pushed it back, checking with a flashlight at the last opportunity to see back there and then just pushed it in until it snapped into place.

Next I turned on the MMI by pressing down on the volume dial (the car was off the whole time), it seemed to do a reboot and 10 seconds later I had a fully operational AMI and CD MP3 Changer.

Last edited by ModestW12; 09-08-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: linked to MP4.2+6.0's AMI retrofit thread
Old 09-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default AMI help

I have a 2004 A8 and order the same kit. Got it yesterday and it looks like the wrong most cable was shipped, as the is no splitter just a cable with the same end the plugs into the CD or A<I and two feed off that with out an connector. I tried to just connect the AMI with out the cd player and I when I push the cd button is says CD not installed., but the Ipod shows the Audi logo. My SW version is D3 HU 6346 06.0.0 0413. As I don't understand how to really read the SW version, I'm wondering if I have the wrong SW version. Any help would be appreciated.
Danny
Old 09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can you post a photo of the cable you received?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi AMI: difference between part numbers 4E0 057 785 B vs.C