Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Other Audi > Audi 90 / 80 / Coupe quattro / Cabriolet Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
johnnykanoo
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 169378

Default No Spark

I need help with my 1994 Audi 90. Recently my car was exibiting some signs of overheating and then I noticed some coolant in the interior so I first started by changing the t-stat.

When I changed the t-stat I had to remove all the guards and the serpantine belt however I did not have to remove the timing belt. I put everything back together again and now I have no spark.

I am at a total loss. There was no wireing near where I was working. I have gone through and checked all the vacuum and all the connections. I tried reading the engine codes by jumping the diagnostic ports and basically got nothing. I got the 2111 code because the engine wasn't running.

I really need your guys help i am at witts end here. Do I replace the crankl position sensor, the cam positon sensor, and or the power output stage sensor???

Please help me, thanks John
johnnykanoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
CRAZY_RUSSIAN
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 153887

check the connectors on the fire wall, you may have wiggled the engine speed sensor off just enough to cause that issue...
and if the engine speed sensor is dead, your car will not start!
*(suspension and brakes)034 derling control arm bushings + alum-subframe bushings, 034 street density trans mounts+JHM SOLID” Short Throw shifter. B5 rear sport swaybar, B5 upper a-arms, solid VAP shock mounts + B&G springs + Bilstein sport shocks. EBC 3D front rotors + EBC green pads front and rear. 17" ASA's, head lights, aux gauges. blue plasma instrument cluster, A4 3 spoke steering wheel.
*(engine)replaced a motor at the end of 2008, gasket matched heads, ARP head studs, air box velocity stack, 4 to 3 wire MAF conversion, 18.5lbs flywheel with SPEC stage 2 clutch.
1975 VW bus (gone)
1973 VW Super Beetle (what was i thinking?)
1968 VW Bug (my pride and joy)
*2.5 inch front drop and disk brake conversion, *2110cc motor (in progress)new wiring harness,3 inch wider fenders all around, 195/45r15 front and 195/65r15 rear tiers
1991 GMC Sonoma RWD, manual, 4 banger (gone)
1979 Suzuki GS750EN with 31k original miles
1981 Suzuki GS750L (will be on a chopping block for a bobber)
1981 Yamaha XV920
1983 Yamaha XV750 (for g.f.)
1985 Dnepr MT10-36 (stolen)
1992 Dnepr MT11-32 (also stolen)
CRAZY_RUSSIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
couchaudi
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 168152

Default Same issue...

Same exact thing happened to me. Replaced oil pump, timing stuff etc., and now, no start, no spark.

Car started just fine before.

I'm beyond frustrated with this. Please let me know if you figured anything out. Meanwhile, could someone tell me where the engine speed sensor is? Is it the CS position sensor?

'93 90 CS 2.8

Thanks.
couchaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
johnnykanoo
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 169378

so here is what I have done so far;

changed the camshaft positon sensor
changed the fuel pump relay
checked the crank positon sensor
checked the engine speed sensor
checked every single fuse
swapped the ecu

Still no spark. I am at a total loss at this point. The timing was never disturbed. Even though I have checked the crank and speed sensor I am inclined to change those anyway.

Now I am getting a new dtc 2123

Anybody ahve advice I have been searching for weeks and weeks
johnnykanoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
couchaudi
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 168152

I just solved the problem I had posted above.
Turns out, the crankshaft position sensor wasn't tight enough. (I had removed it earlier to use tool 3242 or whatever.) I just torqued that sucker down, and she started right up.

I see you've already checked that, but this was found on my second, more in depth check. It's just such a pain in the a$$ to get up in there.

Either way, good luck, let us know about your progress. Or lack thereof I guess.

Hope this helps.
couchaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
100, 2001, 90, 92, 95, a4, audi, audiworld, b5, belt, check, fuel, jump, pump, quattrosport, relay, spark, timing