Plans for ACNA event now that the schedule is out?

Old 05-08-2006, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for ACNA event now that the schedule is out?

Apparently we have to be at the Holiday Inn at 10th S and Main at 6pm on Sunday. So I guess the idea of a BBQ is shot?

Is Streamline planning on offering their shop up for services on Sunday? Things like brake pad changes, tech inspections, etc.?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i'd be down for an bbq during the day...chillin' in the sun, eatin/drinkin' and talking shop
Old 05-08-2006, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've not seen/received a schedule, could you post it?

Also several of us are coming in for the NASA event and will arrive on Thursday. I bet we would be up for something before Sunday. Hopefully the Avs might still in in the playoffs and we could watch some hockey on one of the nights - although that is looking like a longshot at the moment.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:01 AM

BBQ is still on at my house. Let's say 1PM
Old 05-09-2006, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here are the details - send me an e-mail & I can send the Tech Checklist to you.

Event Participants,

We would like to thank you for your registration to the inaugural Driving School and Safety Seminar at the all new Miller Motorsports Park.

Event locations:

Event Hotel
Holiday Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown
999 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

The Holiday Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown is providing preferred rates to event participants. When booking your reservation, mention you are a member of the Audi Club to access the event rate.

Event Venue
Miller Motorsports Park
2901 N. Sheep Lane
Tooele, Utah 84074

Day garages are available on site, there are 36 garages available and they are supposed to hold 2 cars each, the cost is $75 per day. If you are interested, please contact Jill Giles to reserve.

Jill Giles
(801) 563-4261 - Direct
jgiles@millermotorsportspark.com

Schedule of events:

Sunday Evening

There will be a mandatory driver's meeting at 6:00 PM for all participants at the Holiday Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown. Check with the Holiday Inn Reception staff for exact room location.

Participants will be able to sign in and receive their event information packets beginning at 5:00 pm. Instructors will be introduced and there be an overview of the event details.

Be sure to bring your completed tech inspection form, you will not be allowed to participate in a vehicle that has not passed the required technical inspection!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday

The gates to MMP open at 7:00 am. Upon arriving at the track, you should complete any final preparations on your vehicle; including removing ALL loose objects from the interior, check tire air pressure, fluids etc.

There will be a mandatory drivers meeting for all participants at 8:10 am.

Driving exercises and classroom discussions start at 8:30 am and run until the lunch break at 11:45 am. There will be lapping sessions on track, in run groups with your Instructor after the lunch break.

Monday Evening:

There will be a event banquet for all participants and guests at the Holiday Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown. The banquet is included for all driving participants. Guests can attend the banquet for $25.00 and tickets will be available at registration on Sunday night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday

The gates to MMP open at 7:00 am.

There will be a mandatory drivers meeting for all participants at 8:30 am.

The entire day will be devoted to lapping on the track in run groups with your Instructor.

Preparation/technical inspection

Attached to this message is a vehicle tech inspection sheet and event preparation tips. The vehicle tech inspection should be completed and filled out before you arrive at the track for the event. This inspection and tips will assist you in the preparation of your car and can help to eliminate any mechanical problems that may need to be addressed beforehand. An Audi dealer or any repair facility can complete the inspection, and fill out the form for you to bring to the event.

Be sure to bring your completed tech inspection form, you will not be allowed to participate in a vehicle that has not passed the required technical inspection!

Event attire

Weather can be very unpredictable, and we will driving rain or shine. As such, please bring proper clothing for the varying conditions. Rain gear is always a good idea to have just in case. Dress for your comfort, bearing in mind that long pants are required for drivers. Cotton or other natural fabrics are highly recommended over synthetics.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the event master:

Dean Esmail - Event Master
303-421-1338
dean@audiclubrmc.org
Old 05-09-2006, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sounds good. Want to also do a brake pad changing tech session up there?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Send me an e-mail and we can see about getting some sort of GTG setup for either Fri/Sat

email is nord1899 at gmail
Old 05-09-2006, 07:54 AM

Default I would get that done before. Maybe Tech inspections if Streamline is signed up for it.

I'll give the guys a call today and see what their plan is.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks - I got the inspection form, just not the schedule
Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The email I got with the inspection form had the schedule

Just the text happened to white, on a white background, so I couldn't read it (or something like that). Had to use a raw view in gmail (more options->Message Text Garbled?) or highlight the whole thing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Plans for ACNA event now that the schedule is out?