Sign in using an external account
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|03-15-2006, 10:51 PM||#1|
AudiWorld MemberAccount #: 31531
Join Date: Jan 2002
Debating whether to get an RNS-E. Help me decide.
|03-16-2006, 02:41 AM||#2|
AudiWorld Senior MemberAccount #: 86480
Join Date: Jan 2005
I still enjoy mine
SD cards are very nice, the navigation works reliable and the MMI buttons are somehow intuitive to use once you got familiar with its logic. On the plus side are no fingerprints on the screen and the OEM look. You won't get voice activation for the navi or anything else for the $1.5k target price. But it's still a very nice system which makes the B6 look like a B7 form the inside while keeping the B6 look on the outside.
2012 A6 3.0T Prestige, Aviator Blue, Innovation, 18" Sport, Cold Weather, Black Headliner, 20" S6 Wheels
2005 VW Jetta GL 2.0, Galactic Blue
2004 A4 3.0 Avant Ultra Sport, Moro Blue, Premium, Infotainment, Cold Weather, 2010 RNS-E with AMI and Tune2Air Bluetooth, Dice and Sirius
|03-16-2006, 05:35 AM||#3|
AudiWorld Super UserAccount #: 17725
Join Date: Mar 2001
Get it you'll and you'll love having it everyday!
2009 Audi S5 l Ibis White l Magma Red l GMG Springs l GMG Exhaust l Xpel Clear Bra l Huper Optik Tint l Valentine One l Laser Interceptor l S5 Black Optic Front Grille
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com
|03-16-2006, 05:44 PM||#4|
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 71038
Join Date: Mar 2004
You won't regret it. I've had it for about 8 months and it's still fun to have...
I felt like you did but at some point I realized that this is as good as it gets for us. And it's very good! It's not the best, in every single aspect that you consider, there's a car out there that can do something better or has some feature that yours doesn't. But as a package, for me... there's nothing I'd rather have than my car. And the nav just strengthened my appreciation for my car. For me, it's now complete.
Your friend's Honda has ONE thing that's better than your car (well, two, if gas mileage matters to you). We could write quite the list on what's much better about our car.
Just my 0.02...
|03-17-2006, 12:19 PM||#5|
AudiWorld Super UserAccount #: 32631
Join Date: Feb 2002
3.5 years with RNS-D and RNS-E...and here's what it comes down to:
- C5 Avant - "the Beast" (Ha!!)
- 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring (Nav, Sirius, Bluetooth, Xenon, TPMS, ParkSense, DVD Changer - basically loaded)
- 2003 Vespa ET2 (modified exhaust and carb -- so I can max out at 45MPH)
- John Deere Gator (4x2) for the boy
As of November 2006:
(Definition: An item that provides a specific function - in a cyclical nature - and can be removed very..very easily.)
1) OEM winter floor mats
2) OEM rubber trunk mat and cargo net
3) VW Touareg cigarette lighter flashlight
4) Thule roof bars with Evolution 1200 roof box
(Definition: A [bolt-on/bolt-off] item that enhances the appearance, performance or misc function of your car.)
1) OEM front/rear Euro black Recaro Seats (from a Euro 2003 S6 Avant)
2) OEM HID/Xenon (complete) housings (car never came with the Xenon option from the factory)
3) OEM Euro front/rear (avant) beam-style wiper blades/arms (available via www.vagparts.com)
4) OEM B6 S4 Interior auto-dimming black mirror with compass and on/off button
5) OEM Euro blindspot exterior mirrors
6) OEM S6/4.2 exterior lower door trim
7) OEM S4/S6/S8 aluminum mirror housings
8) OEM Euro rear license plate panel from 2002+ facelift avant (slight MODification to US plate required)
10) OEM Euro RNS-E DVD Navigation system with MP3, SAT control and TV input
11) Dietz 1417 A/V input to RNS-E
12) Blaupunkt ME3 DVD/CD/MP3/TV Tuner with aftermarket amplified TV antenna in windshield
13) OEM Sirius tuner (special version to work with RNS-E)
14) OEM Phatnoise Phatbox MP3 player (trunk mounted) with custom interface cable to allow Sirius tuner and Phatbox to work together -- cool!!
16) BBS RC 17x8 ET35 with Michelin Pilot Sports (summer tires)
17) 2002+ Rear bumper with valance openings for Magnaflow 3" exhaust tips
18) OEM submarine fin roof antenna for SAT / GPS / Cellphone (GSM)
19) OEM Euro gunmetal black avant roof rails
20) 2002+ Climate control faceplate to match faceplate color of RNS-E
21) Walnut wood trim near hazard button (above RNS-E) to match rest of interior wood scheme
22) OEM Euro Avant door panels with integrated sunshades (imported from Germany to match the black leather in my Euro Recaro interior)
23) OEM Euro blacked out front grille (no chrome perimeter)
24) OEM gunmetal black lower rear hatch strip (specific part# for avant vs. sedan)
25) OEM RS6 gunmetal black interior door latches; no need to add any RS6 badges in my car (Thanks Nelson!!!)
26) OEM Euro four spoke walnut wood and black leather (special order via Audi GmbH) multi-function wheel with tip buttons and OEM phone (BT) control
27) Upgraded "618" MF/Tip control module
- rear mounted removable 7" LCD panel
(Definition: Any permenant change to a part or component of your car that you cannot reverse)
1) Tray under armrest to add aux. cigarette lighter
2) OEM avant CD changer bracket MODified (to fit two large CD changers etc) - now I just use it for Phatbox, OEM SAT tuner and OEM BT module.
3) Exhaust tips MODified to add Magna Flow (#35163) 3" dual walled tip
4) Factory wiring behind Sym I to simplify installation/removal of RNS-E
5) MODified glovebox to support fitment of Blaupunkt ME3 (a biatch to install!!)
6) MODified headlight switch bezel for fitment of GALA switch for "video-in-motion" for playing Blaupunkt ME3 through RNSE
7) MODified stock exhaust and had magnaflow 3" tips welded on (see above)
8) MODified rear Euro license plate surround to house 2nd rear foglight (2001 model only came with one from the factory); US license plate needed to be MODified a bit to fit inside the narrow Euro opening.
RNS-E for C5 A6/S6/allroad/RS6 - your quest starts here - (regularly updated)
<a href="http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/607331.phtml">OEM submarine fin installed on
|2006, a4, accord, audi, b7, cigarette, euro, forum, honda, license, lighter, plate, rnsd, rnse, screen, touch|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:01 AM.