code 17125 P0741 035 torque converter lock-up clutch performance or stuck off

Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 17125 P0741 035 torque converter lock-up clutch performance or stuck off

Have a 2001 A6 2.7T tiptronic and this came up, I think twice. I had some cat codes coming up and don't know if this just came up the once or if it came up twice. What does this mean and am I going to have to replace this? I see from some searching on here it is a big ticket item.

I haven't really noticed anything on the peformance as far as when it shifts between gears. Do I have to actually notice a problem before this is something to look into?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: code 17125 P0741 035 torque converter lock-up clutch performance or stuck off

I just had same problem. i droped my a6 at the auto shop and had them chance the fluid and filter. got about 20miles so far so good no more engine light
Old 05-15-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: code 17125 P0741 035 torque converter lock-up clutch performance or stuck off

Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) on, DTC 17125 (Torque converter clutch circuit performance or stuck off) stored in transmission fault memory.
This is caused by torque converter internal oil seal failure.The torque converter must be replaced as the seal is not replaceable. Good news is if your car is Audi Assured or if you have extended warranty, it's covered. If you need more info let me know. I in ATL
Old 02-21-2008, 10:39 PM

I had check engine light on for my Audi A6 2.7t, 20000. I took to one german mechanic, he ran vag-com and found P0741, torque converter clutch problem. My mechanic is asking me to sell the car, which I dont want. Please advice me where can fix? how much it cost? do I really need to change my transmission? or any other fixes solve this problem.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hi i have a 2002 audi s4 i recently have the check engine light check i have 2 codes one was p0421 and the other p0741 i have about 117000 mile on it so i know i dont have warrenty and i dont know how much this will cost me. does any one knows how much it will come to. or what can i do. or if any one knows were i can buy extended warranty. thank u ... i am new on this ... please feel free to give me your advise
Old 09-27-2010, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had my 2001 A6 fixed for the same code. You will notice your gas mileage drop (mine went from 23 highway to 16 while on a trip across the country) and if you are lucky enough to live in a "smog check" state, it won't pass with the code because of the lower mileage. You can tell if it's happening by reaching highway speed and then accelerating a little. If the tach goes higher but speed does not, it's not working. I went ahead and had a rebuild done, because the car still runs great and the death of a tiptornic can be expensive. Cost me $3400.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same code and though I cleared the DTC before but it returns. What is interesting is I have logged the clutch slip and whether/how it is locking and engaging through VAG, compared it with other Tips and studied the log a bit. I know for sure that the TC clutch closes on the highway and the slip numbers all around look pretty decent and comparable to healthy Tips. My clutch doesn't lock up much if ever while driving around town. I need to replace the fluid and filter though. My mechanic saw small metallic flakes floating in the fluid (ouch) and recommends me not to drive cross-country anytime soon =/

Would be interested in seeing even more VAG logs of the Torque Converter Clutch, Slip speeds and related info from both those getting this DTC and those who have healthy Tips.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ARE YOU REALLY THAT DUMB?

Originally Posted by latinboy0624@live.com
hi i have a 2002 audi s4 i recently have the check engine light check i have 2 codes one was p0421 and the other p0741 i have about 117000 mile on it so i know i dont have warrenty and i dont know how much this will cost me. does any one knows how much it will come to. or what can i do. or if any one knows were i can buy extended warranty. thank u ... i am new on this ... please feel free to give me your advise
are you really asking if you can buy a warranty to fix a problem you already have? who in their right mind would do that? you need to sell your car and take the bus. you are to dangerous to be on the road. stupid people shouldnt drive.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Former Vendor

HI Michael,

These codes are caused by severial things, like trany and torque converter,,, the good news is that we here at Level 10 are the Audi experts and we have done thousands of these cars and there are all common issues that we can fix,, and if you like your car, and the engine is good , and the body is good, well a repair on the transmission will be less costly that a new or problemed used car.. check in with us anytime.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by michaelcox86
are you really asking if you can buy a warranty to fix a problem you already have? who in their right mind would do that? you need to sell your car and take the bus. you are to dangerous to be on the road. stupid people shouldnt drive.
you stupid ***. no i am asking to buy a extenden warranty to fix the problem i have .i just do not wanna have to pay again for the same problem agian once is fix, you ignorant old man learn how to read. i ask for how much it would cost me to get it repair.so i have already fix the problem. so read first. and then give your raises comment *******.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: code 17125 P0741 035 torque converter lock-up clutch performance or stuck off