S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

See this EVO sliding? Guess what happens next. Video coming soon

Old 05-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, I was there, I was in the Blue A4.. in the Blue run group. >>

You said be careful out there when I was on my way home. Right after the incident.

That guy spun earlier in the day and went off.
He obviously had trouble handling that car.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:47 AM

Ugh, a student who ignores an instructor should be kicked out and banned.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default he was kicked out during the 3rd session at the glen on 5/8/2006 after a few drivers complained

to the head instructor that he'd put them in danger on track. presented with the decision of driving with an instructor or going home, he went home.

i may have more to add later if a friend of mine who was there permits me to share snippets of his email writeup.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Please do
Old 05-10-2006, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

at the Glen?
Old 05-10-2006, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yes
Old 05-10-2006, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

details?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd
Old 05-10-2006, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default IFLYSOLOw's incidents at the glen on 5/8/2006

as i mentioned earlier the following info is firsthand observations from a friend who was at the glen on 5/8/2006 and observed IFLYSOLOw's reckless driving. specific details are omitted for the sake of the other drivers' privacy. for reference here are two maps of the glen which will help illustrate where the incidents occured.
<a href="http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/56366/glen.jpg">glen track map</a>
<a href="http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/56366/glenele.jpg">glen track elevation map</a>

"As an example, going into the toe of the boot (turn #7) he came roaring down the hill behind me, so I gave him the point to pass on the right...he decided to pass on the left, but I remained on my line and he had to swerve to the right to stay on the track...he went so fast into the "toe" that he understeered in a cloud of smoke and dropped two wheels in the dirt (covering the good line with dirt)."

"...[H]e almost hit a guy ... by dive bombing him in a turn (no pass signal was given), then in the 3rd [session] he cut off (inside line and blew wide) a guy ... Both of those were no passing zones BTW. The [second] guy ... went right to the head instructor after the session, but had to wait in line behind *another* person complaining about the guys driving. I only knew about ... [those] ... incidents because they were pitted near my car. I'm not exagerating when I say the s4 guy is a *bad* driver. He had way more power than me on straight-aways (not sure what he did to that beast), but was clumsy through the turns so I got stuck behind him twice. In each case I watched him abruptly (read, not smooth) turn toward the outside of turns for entry and then either turn-in early or way late for the turn (actually more of a flick than a turn). Seriously, the car was actually gyrating through turns and this is with whatever adjustable suspension he had on there (saw him adjusting settings under the rear and the hood). I'm not sure why he preferred to leave rather than have an instructor ride shotgun...maybe he only enjoys driving recklessly."

"I think the instructor said the event staff (fire/safety, flag stations, etc.) observed the incidents."

IFLYSOLOw also autox's in the philly region now and then so you can be sure we'll be keeping a very close eye on him if he ever shows up again. my own opinion is, whatever ego foibles IFLYSOLOw possesses, he clearly thinks driving is 90% car/10% driver instead of the other way around. hopefully he can learn from his very public mistakes, but i'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default LOL... what a retard. Maybe he wanted to catch himself on video crashing...

...like his little buddy.

LOL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: See this EVO sliding? Guess what happens next. Video coming soon