Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Regional & ACNA Discussion > North America Discussion > Chicago Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Notices

Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #51
Q-335i
Account #: 114672

Default Re: Got to tear up the new BMW 335i twin turbos yesterday at Autobahn. We had a group out there

Hi,

Just dropped in to say I regret I'm on the e90 forum wherein such gems are posted like "Audi owners are ghey". But, forums attract those comments like white on rice...

At any rate, as a 335i owner I'd hope BMW sorts it out. The only thing I find odd is that this has not been experienced at any other track events or at least I've read posts from people at several different track events and they haven't experienced this. If it were a design defect which manifested itself in all 9 cars you'd think it'd happen regularly on other track days. *shrug*
Q-335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #52
ICONCLS
Account #: 8010

Default Underpriced Bugatti.....?

6 Turbos, 11.6 Liters, 1330 AWD stock HP.

I've done away with the use of teh gHey smileys...I'm most likely kidding.
ICONCLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #53
Press
Fear the Miata!
Account #: 78455

Default np....that happens......we don't really care....

PSA - Don't post angry

"Just living the dream"
Autobahn Country Club (North-South-Full),
Blackhawk Farms, Daytona International Speedway,
GingerMan, Grattan, Mid-Ohio, Milwaukee Mile, Nurburgring, Road America, Road Atlanta,
VIRginia International Raceway, Watkins Glen International
"The most fun you can have in a car with your pants on"™
Current:
2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
2004 A4 3.0 USP Avant
1990 Mazda Miata
Previous:
2001 A6 4.2
1989 Porsche 951
Press is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:59 PM   #54
Shameless in Chicago
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 14210

Default Stuff to take away from your visit:

DaveyKid is a gentleman whose integrity is regarded very high around here. I think I can speak for all of us on that issue.

Second, some of us are straight. Some of us aren't. It probably has nothing to do with the cars.

Third, lots of Audi owners also own BMWs. Lots of them post here because they are gay. Others stick around here even after selling off their Audis because we are less pretentious than other European brand owners.

My wife used to own a VW Passat while I owned an A4 of the same year and chassis. The only people who think Audis are overpriced VWs are VW owners who feel they have somehow justified their purchases and are smarter because they are frugal. In reality, they just bought the line the VW salesman was laying on them.

ABCC representatives are not going to be truthful with random strangers calling on the phone and inquiring about their broken fleet.

Davey Kid was not at ABCC representing the Audi Club nor was he driving an Audi.

That whole thread on the other forum sucked and I took time out of my busy day (surfing for **** videos) to read it. I want my click back.

Stick around here. You may like it. Stay away from the Off Topic forum. That place has the maturity of my 8th grade boys' locker room.

Current:
2004 A4q 6speed V6 USP (now with Big Reds & S4 H-Sports)
2003 A4tq tip sport with sexy new RS4 wheels
A look back:
2001 Audi A4tqms
1999 VW Passat 1.8t
1999 Audi A4 2.8qm
1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo
1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R
1984 Peugeot 505 STI
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
1985 Peugeot 505 wagon
1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo GL
1984 Peugeot 505 GL
Shameless in Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #55
Press
Fear the Miata!
Account #: 78455

Default ^^^^what he said....

PSA - Don't post angry

"Just living the dream"
Autobahn Country Club (North-South-Full),
Blackhawk Farms, Daytona International Speedway,
GingerMan, Grattan, Mid-Ohio, Milwaukee Mile, Nurburgring, Road America, Road Atlanta,
VIRginia International Raceway, Watkins Glen International
"The most fun you can have in a car with your pants on"™
Current:
2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
2004 A4 3.0 USP Avant
1990 Mazda Miata
Previous:
2001 A6 4.2
1989 Porsche 951
Press is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #56
DaveyKid
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 66235

Default Q, thanks for the comments. No biggie. It happened to a group of guys out there the day before

at an instructor event which is how I found out about it initially. On Thursday all the instructers were called aside and spoken to by the event organizer and we were instructed to NOT push the cars too hard as they would overheat and shut down. We were told they were all overheating the day before. (I could be wrong and maybe it was 2 days before.) No problem I thought, I'm playing Mother Goose to a bunch of students who are following me and I shouldn't be pushing the cars too hard. Well, we weren't so fortunate and started receiving walkie talkie/communication messages to back it down, but we did figure it out right away and backed it down. On our first lead/follow we had three cars go into limp mode and I slowed down to do a few parade laps. Then we had one of the auto cross cars do the same. That one had to be pushed off the course.

I don't have a clue what is causing it. Are these pre-production cars BMW sent the track? Doubt it but I don't know. Is it a coincidence? No idea. Am I lying? No. Am I gay? No.

Either way, it is what it is and I won't dignify that board with a response. I know they contacted ABCC as well, but what do you expect them to say, "all the cars are overheating and we don't know what to do?" No.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Autobahn, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, Road America, VIR, Laguna Seca,
Gingerman, Grattan, Blackhawk, Daytona Int'l Speedway and The Nurburgring!

2004 Porsche 996TT X50 Speed Yellow
2007 Porsche Cayman S Arctic Silver
1995 BMW M3 Dakar Yellow Euro (Evo) 3.2L
2005 Mercedes S600 Black
2004 VW R32 Tornado Red (My Track Slut)
2007 Yukon XL Denali Summit White
2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 "Scooter"
"Setting the bar high enough so you all can walk under it"
DaveyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #57
DaveyKid
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 66235

Default Get back to your **** already, will ya! :)

Autobahn, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, Road America, VIR, Laguna Seca,
Gingerman, Grattan, Blackhawk, Daytona Int'l Speedway and The Nurburgring!

2004 Porsche 996TT X50 Speed Yellow
2007 Porsche Cayman S Arctic Silver
1995 BMW M3 Dakar Yellow Euro (Evo) 3.2L
2005 Mercedes S600 Black
2004 VW R32 Tornado Red (My Track Slut)
2007 Yukon XL Denali Summit White
2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 "Scooter"
"Setting the bar high enough so you all can walk under it"
DaveyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #58
PNS Lazy Bastage
Account #: 22674

Default I was there instructing the day before..... we were using the Z3s for the school.....

.... but at the beginning of the day we used the 335s as a track taxi to show the students the track. The cars were not driven very hard (as there were students in the car and it was more of a tour) but after 5 laps the oil temp was pegged.

If nobody believes me I really don't care, why would I lie? I honestly don't give a flying **** one way or the other and I certainly didn't think of taking a picture because.... well, that's kind of retarded. Why would I want a picture of a pegged oil temp guage?

Does that Silvercar guy honestly think anyone from Autobahn owes him an explanation or a recap of actual events? I for one am a little pissed off that he thinks he can call up and stir up a sh!tstorm at ABCC. That's my home track and I don't think he should be sticking his beak into something that isn't any of his business. I don't want the track management getting pissed at us about anything.... think about it, if you were ABCC management would you want to get a call for some random guy demanding answers? This arsehole may be causing issues between ABCC and BMW (I'm sure BMW wouldn't be too happy about this whole thing).

Hey Silvercar guy.... nllnn nnlln. Mind your own business.
PNS Lazy Bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #59
EngrishisaFrickinG
Account #: 38716

Default ^^^that's the ticket. Damn, we're WAY more frugal and smarter than Bugatti/Lambo owners

Old 09-26-2006, 06:10 AM   #60
VerrÜckt
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 52044

Default The 2.7T didn't have any major problem areas...

in the RS4 variant. ;-)
VerrÜckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 335, 335i, 500, aprilia, bmw, coupe, forum, limp, mode, normal, oil, problems, scarabeo, temperature