Sign in using an external account
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|01-15-2006, 04:21 PM||#1|
AudiWorld Senior MemberAccount #: 86480
Join Date: Jan 2005
iPod and SAT radio - another way to get both
2012 A6 3.0T Prestige, Aviator Blue, Innovation, 18" Sport, Cold Weather, Black Headliner, 20" S6 Wheels
2005 VW Jetta GL 2.0, Galactic Blue
2004 A4 3.0 Avant Ultra Sport, Moro Blue, Premium, Infotainment, Cold Weather, 2010 RNS-E with AMI and Tune2Air Bluetooth, Dice and Sirius
|03-16-2006, 05:01 AM||#2|
AudiWorld Super UserAccount #: 32631
Join Date: Feb 2002
FYI - 000-979-009 is the correct part# for the female pin for the T8s connector..not 000-979-018. :
- C5 Avant - "the Beast" (Ha!!)
- 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring (Nav, Sirius, Bluetooth, Xenon, TPMS, ParkSense, DVD Changer - basically loaded)
- 2003 Vespa ET2 (modified exhaust and carb -- so I can max out at 45MPH)
- John Deere Gator (4x2) for the boy
As of November 2006:
(Definition: An item that provides a specific function - in a cyclical nature - and can be removed very..very easily.)
1) OEM winter floor mats
2) OEM rubber trunk mat and cargo net
3) VW Touareg cigarette lighter flashlight
4) Thule roof bars with Evolution 1200 roof box
(Definition: A [bolt-on/bolt-off] item that enhances the appearance, performance or misc function of your car.)
1) OEM front/rear Euro black Recaro Seats (from a Euro 2003 S6 Avant)
2) OEM HID/Xenon (complete) housings (car never came with the Xenon option from the factory)
3) OEM Euro front/rear (avant) beam-style wiper blades/arms (available via www.vagparts.com)
4) OEM B6 S4 Interior auto-dimming black mirror with compass and on/off button
5) OEM Euro blindspot exterior mirrors
6) OEM S6/4.2 exterior lower door trim
7) OEM S4/S6/S8 aluminum mirror housings
8) OEM Euro rear license plate panel from 2002+ facelift avant (slight MODification to US plate required)
10) OEM Euro RNS-E DVD Navigation system with MP3, SAT control and TV input
11) Dietz 1417 A/V input to RNS-E
12) Blaupunkt ME3 DVD/CD/MP3/TV Tuner with aftermarket amplified TV antenna in windshield
13) OEM Sirius tuner (special version to work with RNS-E)
14) OEM Phatnoise Phatbox MP3 player (trunk mounted) with custom interface cable to allow Sirius tuner and Phatbox to work together -- cool!!
16) BBS RC 17x8 ET35 with Michelin Pilot Sports (summer tires)
17) 2002+ Rear bumper with valance openings for Magnaflow 3" exhaust tips
18) OEM submarine fin roof antenna for SAT / GPS / Cellphone (GSM)
19) OEM Euro gunmetal black avant roof rails
20) 2002+ Climate control faceplate to match faceplate color of RNS-E
21) Walnut wood trim near hazard button (above RNS-E) to match rest of interior wood scheme
22) OEM Euro Avant door panels with integrated sunshades (imported from Germany to match the black leather in my Euro Recaro interior)
23) OEM Euro blacked out front grille (no chrome perimeter)
24) OEM gunmetal black lower rear hatch strip (specific part# for avant vs. sedan)
25) OEM RS6 gunmetal black interior door latches; no need to add any RS6 badges in my car (Thanks Nelson!!!)
26) OEM Euro four spoke walnut wood and black leather (special order via Audi GmbH) multi-function wheel with tip buttons and OEM phone (BT) control
27) Upgraded "618" MF/Tip control module
- rear mounted removable 7" LCD panel
(Definition: Any permenant change to a part or component of your car that you cannot reverse)
1) Tray under armrest to add aux. cigarette lighter
2) OEM avant CD changer bracket MODified (to fit two large CD changers etc) - now I just use it for Phatbox, OEM SAT tuner and OEM BT module.
3) Exhaust tips MODified to add Magna Flow (#35163) 3" dual walled tip
4) Factory wiring behind Sym I to simplify installation/removal of RNS-E
5) MODified glovebox to support fitment of Blaupunkt ME3 (a biatch to install!!)
6) MODified headlight switch bezel for fitment of GALA switch for "video-in-motion" for playing Blaupunkt ME3 through RNSE
7) MODified stock exhaust and had magnaflow 3" tips welded on (see above)
8) MODified rear Euro license plate surround to house 2nd rear foglight (2001 model only came with one from the factory); US license plate needed to be MODified a bit to fit inside the narrow Euro opening.
RNS-E for C5 A6/S6/allroad/RS6 - your quest starts here - (regularly updated)
<a href="http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/607331.phtml">OEM submarine fin installed on
|01-20-2007, 09:40 PM||#3|
AudiWorld Senior MemberAccount #: 19040
Join Date: Apr 2001
Where do you get the connector pins, and, does the extraction tool work well?
All I can find are the repair wires at the dealer, not the bare pins. Do you mind sharing the source?
2. Have you used the VAG pin extractors? I've tried making my own with blade thicknesses of .014" and .015. They either fail to release, or wedge the pin in tighter.
I'd spring for the real tooks if I knew they could release the pins easily, and with 100% reliablilty.
2006 3.2, NAV, Closed Sky, Bi-Xenon, skinny seats.
|000979009, 18, 2002, adapter, audi, aux, connector, empty, ipod, oem, pin, radio, rnse, sat, touareg, tt|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:06 PM.