S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ASP Stage 3: Car won't start :-(

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP Stage 3: Car won't start :-(

Had the car back from ASP for about a week or two. Started fine for the first few days (when it was in the 70s). Temperature dropped into the 30s-40s and now the car won't start. At first it just had a hard time starting, now I can't get it to start at all. Had the car towed to the dealer when this first started (when I was at home) and had them check everything else that could be causing this. But when the car started fine once it warmed up outside, it was pretty obvious its just a really bad cold-start issue. Car cranks but does not start. I'm out at school, and I live off campus, so this is a pretty bad situation.

Any ideas? I live 3 hours from ASP, so having it towed back isn't really possible and I don't have the time to drive it there myself. Is this something I should be able to correct myself? I need a car to get to class Monday morning, or else I'm walking.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I thought you were done with all the AW drama
Old 10-14-2006, 08:47 PM

Yes, I am done with the drama.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Dang, sorry man. I guess every tuner has their share of problems, no magical perfect tuner.

I'd be pissed about paying $300 for poorly installed injectors as well as the non-starting. Is that ASP's fault or did they not touch the injectors and the problem occurred when you originally installed them yourself? Regardless, this stinks. Good luck getting it all figured out. So much for Mark@ASP saying you never hear about problems with their work and tuning...this thread is definitely not the fist time.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:49 PM

Default got lemmi? I was looking into cold start misfires myself

I have ASP stage 3 but I'm parked in my garage so I don't know if the problem exhists in my car but I have the occasional misfire code.

Seems like others have had success with cold start issues by decreasing ch-04 start-up fuel enrich and ch-05 warm-up fuel enrich in lemmi. try pulling 20% in each and see if that helps.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not starting as in "how?" Not cranking? Not firing? Fires but won't run?

They all mean different things. I'd be on the phone to ASP before AW. So many variables, without details its hard to throw out ideas at to what might be wrong. Fuel, spark or air are the three variables.

What code was it??
Old 10-14-2006, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Does this car run a cold start injector or does the computer just add fuel when cold?

Trending Topics

Old 10-14-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Cranks but does not start. ASP is closed till Monday... I would kinda like to be able...

to leave my apartment and buy some food before then, lol ;-)

Trust me, if I have to walk to class on Monday, I'll be calling ASP, I just don't have the time to tinker with it myself during the week. If there is an easy fix I can try in the meantime, that doesn't risk messing things up, I'd like to try.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:53 PM

Default I do have Lemmi, but have never used it and therefore am not comfortable using it...

Is this a safe thing to do? Do I risk ruining anything by changing these settings?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:54 PM

Default no extra injector, just adds more fuel to the 6. I'm guessing too much.

but "maybe" the other way around (too little). Lemmi should be able to help out either way.

Quick Reply: ASP Stage 3: Car won't start :-(