Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Electronic Parking Break

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Parking Break

Hello community, I just bought the 2013 Audi A6 premium plus last month and have a question.
Whenever I start the car i have to manually push the parking break. I know that if you dont have your seatbelt on that it wont release sometimes but my belt is on and the light never goes off. Does anyone know why?? I have to push the electronic parking break every time I start the car to get it moving. Any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

you probably know this.. but did you push the gas pedal?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xPuNjabiBaLL3rx
Hello community, I just bought the 2013 Audi A6 premium plus last month and have a question.
Whenever I start the car i have to manually push the parking break. I know that if you dont have your seatbelt on that it wont release sometimes but my belt is on and the light never goes off. Does anyone know why?? I have to push the electronic parking break every time I start the car to get it moving. Any help would be appreciated thanks
My 2013 was in for repair last week and the dealer updated the comfort module software,they could not provide me any details about what was changed. My point, the update removed the auto parking brake setting (thank God!). Now, when the car is turned off it does not set the parking brake. I can set it but never do unless on a large incline.To release it, as long as my safety belt is on, I step on the accelerator.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DER KONIG PANZER
My 2013 was in for repair last week and the dealer updated the comfort module software,they could not provide me any details about what was changed. My point, the update removed the auto parking brake setting (thank God!). Now, when the car is turned off it does not set the parking brake. I can set it but never do unless on a large incline.To release it, as long as my safety belt is on, I step on the accelerator.
Did the update also remove the engine shut off with driver door opening for you? I had them disable that last year also. Drove me nuts.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

My car never shuts off when the door is open and engine is running, also my parking brake is off all the time, unless I engage it,which I never use.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Did the update also remove the engine shut off with driver door opening for you? I had them disable that last year also. Drove me nuts.
Is this only an A6 thing? My S6 has never shut off the engine when I open the door. It only beeps and gives a warning.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I never noticed the engine shutting off when opening the door. I have a 2.0. I think the 2.0 models did not have that feature.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DER KONIG PANZER
I never noticed the engine shutting off when opening the door. I have a 2.0. I think the 2.0 models did not have that feature.
Either that or the later 2013s had it disabled from the factory like the 2014s. There were quite a few early 2013 owners who didn't like the "feature" (2012 owners did not have it enabled either).
Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Either that or the later 2013s had it disabled from the factory like the 2014s. There were quite a few early 2013 owners who didn't like the "feature" (2012 owners did not have it enabled either).
My engine shuts off when I get out to grab my mail!!!! Drives me insane. Ca't wait until my 15,000 service to get that "feature" removed.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by fEArmE
you probably know this.. but did you push the gas pedal?
I have put it in drive and pushed the gas but nothing happens. I'm going to try just pushing the gas pedal with it in park and see if it shuts of automatically.

Quick Reply: Electronic Parking Break