Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

C7 TSB List

Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default C7 TSB List

I thought I'd create a thread to consolidate TSB's for the C7, similar to the Hidden Gems thread. Please add as appropriate (and mods, please make this a sticky thread if you think its worthwhile).
----------------------------------------

TSB #2030197/8 Updated crankcase pressure control valve (for excessive oil consumption)

TSB #2029953/2 Replace rear upper shock mounts (for crackling/clicking noise coming from the rear pillar area)

TSB #2029305/9 TCM software calibration to improve shift concerns (harsh downshifts when braking or harsh 1-2 upshift under acceleration)

TSB #2028446/4 MMI Screen operation (MMI screen not opening/closing smoothly)

TSB #2031850/3 Emergency brake and engine shut off (need description here)

Last edited by das2.7t; 02-25-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks for posting. The challenge with a TSB list is not all of them will apply to all C7 model years, specific models or certain VINs of a specific model. For example, the MMI screen operation would have already been corrected after the 2012 models were built through later MMI software (with at least MMI 0566). Also, some TSBs may have been revised with diffrent numbers since first introduced. Nevertheless, a thread like this in addition to others done in the past, can serve to provide info via a forum search.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

TSB 2033806/4: Replaced coolant valve. This was done on my car today in response to my check engine light coming on. Paperwork says something to the effect of DTC P275600 transmission fluid cooler control fault circuit open valve N509.
The following users liked this post:
massivejim (01-30-2022)
Old 03-07-2014, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TSB for C pillar doesn't come up on dealer's cumputer.

Anybody getting C pillar noises?
Old 03-07-2014, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Street

There is this one: TSB 2029953/2
It may or may not be relevant.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=tsb

Last edited by gatorguy7; 03-07-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Street

I have it. Dealer won't cover it unless its under 12 months, 12k miles according to Audi. Customer Care is absolutely worthless. Audi is the only company I've ever heard of doing this. Everybody else covers TSBs for the entire warranty. BMW would have fixed it and given me a 7-series to drive while they were doing it. Audi checked it, decided not to fix it and gave me a freaking Hyundai Accent for the day. And then they wonder why people don't put them on the same prestige level as BMW and Mercedes.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I have it. Dealer won't cover it unless its under 12 months, 12k miles according to Audi. Customer Care is absolutely worthless. Audi is the only company I've ever heard of doing this. Everybody else covers TSBs for the entire warranty. BMW would have fixed it and given me a 7-series to drive while they were doing it. Audi checked it, decided not to fix it and gave me a freaking Hyundai Accent for the day. And then they wonder why people don't put them on the same prestige level as BMW and Mercedes.
I agree with you that Audi should cover their TSB's for the entire warranty. But I think loaner cars are ymmv depending on your dealer. I've had my vehicle in twice and both times my dealer has given me a Q5, this week I had a Q5 with under 500 miles on it. They are also a Mercedes/Porsche dealer and from what I've seen they match you up with a loaner of the same brand as your vehicle. My dealer also does a fantastic job washing my vehicle each time it's in. I don't think Audi controls it, the dealer does.

Last edited by NightCrawler; 03-07-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
How many miles did you have on your car?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
How many miles did you have on your car?
11.7k, 16 months in Service. That was their excuse, that it was more than a year.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am certainly not an expert on warranties, but it would seem to me that 4yr/50K bumper-to-bumper warranty covers any issues that you bring to the dealer's attention. If there's a rattle in the C-pillar, they should try to fix it.

I did bring up two issues with me dealer - less-than-smooth operation of the MMI screen and different air temperature coming out from passenger and driver vents, while same setting is used.

For the first one, they told me that it operates as expected, but if I make 3 complains, they will fix it. They just need to show Audi that I consistently complained about it.

For the 2nd issue, they had no fix. I was told that many Audi's suffer from this and no fix exists. They asked to only use "Auto" setting on my HVAC system, rather than directing air of certain temp to the vents of my choice. Since it was not a huge issue I agreed to monitor it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 TSB List