A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre facelift vs Facelift ambient lighting?

Old 11-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre facelift vs Facelift ambient lighting?

Hi, i was just wondering if the pre facelift comes with the ambient lighting package as seen on this picture.

Name:  204284841-w988_zps80d9123f.jpg
Views: 4580
Size:  136.7 KB

and further on are there any significant differences between the pre face and face lifted version on the A8?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hansol123
Hi, i was just wondering if the pre facelift comes with the ambient lighting package as seen on this picture.

and further on are there any significant differences between the pre face and face lifted version on the A8?
Haven't compared the lighting but I have pre-facelift 2007 S8 that seems to have the same lightning as on the picture you posted.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Awsome!

Are you satisfied with the MMI system on the 07?

Since the 09 models costs ALOT more here in Norway Im unsure wether it´s worth it paying the extra for the 3g MMI system.

but the 07 models did came with the same extra options as the 08/09 models?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hansol123;245
Awsome!

Are you satisfied with the MMI system on the 07?

Since the 09 models costs ALOT more here in Norway Im unsure wether it´s worth it paying the extra for the 3g MMI system.

but the 07 models did came with the same extra options as the 08/09 models?
I don't think there's much difference between those two except the looks. Basic functions are pretty much the same. I've had all of my past and present cars with MMI 2G so no real experience with 3G.
Found an article about it here:
http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-2g-mmi-vs-audi-3g-mmi/

Most noticeable updates are with multimedia and navi. Not much difference for me since I rarely use navi and if it's 2D or 3D, doesn't matter since I'll get there. With 2G you can't get media from SD card but if you get it with AMI, then external HDD or ipod works fine. I don't have AMI since I use an alternative solution from Alpine and thinking about adding one more item called Fiscube.
When it comes to all the extras and toys, then it all depends on the model year. I'm not an expert on this subject but I think there have been small updates here and there pretty much every year. I'm more than happy with my current model and haven't even found a real reason to switch over to D4 model (and I like the D3 looks little bit more than D4).
Old 11-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah about that Sd card and HDD functionality, if I buy a 07 A8 with pretty much all the extras, how is it then if i want to use my phone as a music source playing from spotify?

how the reliability of the S8? does it need service often?
Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah about that Sd card and HDD functionality, if I buy a 07 A8 with pretty much all the extras, how is it then if i want to use my phone as a music source playing from spotify?

how the reliability of the S8? does it need service often?
If you have AMI (Audi Multimedia Interface) then you can connect it to your phone via headphone output (http://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/audi/a...er-aux-in-jack). You can look around kufatec and see what other stuff is available. If it doesn't have AMI but has lots of other (more important) extras then this can be retrofitted too.

My S8 has been a dream, little expensive to keep but haven't had any real issues with it. Servicing is pretty much the same I think...
Old 11-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank´s of the help Mcdream!

you made my choice so much easier!

in your S8, can you change the color and theme of the ambient lighting?

Guessing i´m gonna save some cash and buy a 07/08 model with more gadgets and drop the 3g MMI. as you mentioned the navi is almost never used and when i need it the 2d maps will work just fine.

Btw where in Estonia do you live? used to travel there a lot before.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank´s of the help Mcdream!

you made my choice so much easier!

in your S8, can you change the color and theme of the ambient lighting?

Guessing i´m gonna save some cash and buy a 07/08 model with more gadgets and drop the 3g MMI. as you mentioned the navi is almost never used and when i need it the 2d maps will work just fine.

Btw where in Estonia do you live? used to travel there a lot before.
I don't think it's possible to change the color of ambient light with even 3G, but it's not possible in my car. It IS possible to change the ambient light brightness tho.

I live in Tallinn. Can't say I've been to Norway since I'm not much into skiing and usually prefer little bit warmer climate for vacation
Old 11-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mcdream
I don't think it's possible to change the color of ambient light with even 3G, but it's not possible in my car. It IS possible to change the ambient light brightness tho.

I live in Tallinn. Can't say I've been to Norway since I'm not much into skiing and usually prefer little bit warmer climate for vacation
Hav Okei, bit There are different modnes like highway, city and so on?

I completly understand that. Winther in Norway Canada be harsh! Used to live inn the old town inn the summers inn Tallinn. Awsome place!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Damm autocorrect.
But there are different *

Winters inn Norway can be harsh *

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pre facelift vs Facelift ambient lighting?