Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My new silver Hartmann RS4 Rep wheels installed

Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My new silver Hartmann RS4 Rep wheels installed

20"x9" ET40

Despite the fact that the Titanium Peelers started go grow on me and I liked more than I thought, I'm still happier having installed these wheels. I was a little nervous as I was getting the tires mounted and when I was installing them. But as soon as a I stepped back and saw the car complete, I was much happier. I started to think I might need to go with silver peelers instead, but that thought went away quickly. And every time I have looked at the car since. I recall seeing LarryV's SQ5 photos and noted that I liked some of the silver/chrome trim that I didn't have - now with silver wheels, I've gained some of that silver color back and I'm quite happy with this combo.

after tire mounted - getting an idea what they'd be like:

Still had the Uhaul trailer, so used that to transport the wheels/tires to get mounted:

And here's a variety of photos in different light to get a better feel for how they look...

and this is my favorite of the bunch (yet still a boring parking spot photo - need a better backdrop...)

Last edited by Mark P; 09-20-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Looking great.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. I was contemplating getting the peelers but listened to my wife and went with the Hartmann RS4 replicas as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

i've been looking at possibly picking up some VMR rs4 replicas in anthracite or flat black for my glacier white metallic Q5. they look sweet on your car, and now i know 20" is not too big. any particular reason you went with hartmann?
Old 09-20-2013, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scrmorling
Looking great.
Nice! I was sorely tempted to order a set of those, but I've gotten so many compliments on the stock Titaniums, I figure I'll roll with 'em. Imagine you can turn your stockers into cash very quickly if you choose to.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by joey jojo
i've been looking at possibly picking up some VMR rs4 replicas in anthracite or flat black for my glacier white metallic Q5. they look sweet on your car, and now i know 20" is not too big. any particular reason you went with hartmann?
I've bought from them before and had good experiences, so it was natural for me to return. I had also emailed VMR, and again a second time after no response, and by the time they finally replied I had already purchased from Achtuning/Hartmann. I had considered VMR in the past as I like some of their wheels.

Here were (B5) RS4 reps on my S4 Avant:

and after I sold it, the new owner put on some VMRs:

Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mark P
I've bought from them before and had good experiences, so it was natural for me to return. I had also emailed VMR, and again a second time after no response, and by the time they finally replied I had already purchased from Achtuning/Hartmann. I had considered VMR in the past as I like some of their wheels.
cool, that's some good info. customer service does go a long way. i don't mind paying a little more if i know i'll be taken care of. my dealer actually sells VMRs, and the ones in the parts dept have audi center caps. they're offering 20% right now, but i'm not sure if that's off of some dealer markup or not. i have entertained the idea of getting some HRE FF01s, but i just don't see any value in marginally lighter wheels on an SUV. they are quite nice looking tho!

Old 09-20-2013, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like RS4 reps but it's too bad the fitment for the Q5 has such a shallow offset. Compare to the genuine wheels:
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by joey jojo
cool, that's some good info. customer service does go a long way. i don't mind paying a little more if i know i'll be taken care of. my dealer actually sells VMRs, and the ones in the parts dept have audi center caps. they're offering 20% right now, but i'm not sure if that's off of some dealer markup or not.
yeah, see how much that price truly becomes - it may be jacked up just to then give a pseudo-sale. I was quoted from VMR "20x9 ET35 V708s: $1200" plus shipping. At Achtuning, the Audi center caps were $99.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
I like RS4 reps but it's too bad the fitment for the Q5 has such a shallow offset. Compare to the genuine wheels:
These are ET40, but they also have ET25 for the Q5. However, I don't know if they put any depth differences into the face of the wheel or if the offset difference is entirely in the back of the wheel. I'd guess the later is more likely for ease of design for varying ETs as they're likely doing this one wheel to fit many different cars, brake setups, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new silver Hartmann RS4 Rep wheels installed