Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 03:20 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

I think I'm missing my toolkit and jack

Old 12-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I'm missing my toolkit and jack

I went to install the roof rack for my Q5 today and went looking for the tool. Funny thing, I didn't find it where the manual says the tools are. I found it in the little side netting in the trunk, but I didn't find the rest of the tools where the manual says they should be.

Anyone else get a car without a toolkit? Shouldn't they be just under the trunk carpet by the spare?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure exactly what you mean by "under the trunk carpet by the spare." Once you lift up the trunk decking you will see the spare, but then you need to lift up the carpet just in front of the spare, then unclip a small plastic panel and under that is the where the jack and toolkit lives. It will be real obvious that the jack is missing as it fits tightly in a form fitted cavity.

Hope you find it.

Also if you do find it, make careful note of how the toolkit and jack are placed. As far as I can tell they only go back one way. It literally took me longer to get the jack and toolkit back in their place than it did to swap out all four wheels for a winter set.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My toolkit was exactly where mike678 stated.

However, my roofrack came wrapped in some cardboard. My tool for the roofrack was inside that (not in the toolkit).
Old 12-20-2009, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

My roof rack came wrapped just like edwyun stated. Didn't open package for three or four months, only to discover the plastic ends were broken. Replaced under warranty.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You guys were right. I found it. Under a latched compartment, under some carpet, under a big plastic bin, under more carpeting

Me, I'd have put the tools in the huge toolbox shaped compartment at the same level as the spare.

This car is a drug trafficker's dream.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bentwookie

This car is a drug trafficker's dream.
Don Pedro appreciate your comment and totally agree with you!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mike678
Not sure exactly what you mean by "under the trunk carpet by the spare." Once you lift up the trunk decking you will see the spare, but then you need to lift up the carpet just in front of the spare, then unclip a small plastic panel and under that is the where the jack and toolkit lives. It will be real obvious that the jack is missing as it fits tightly in a form fitted cavity.

Hope you find it.

Also if you do find it, make careful note of how the toolkit and jack are placed. As far as I can tell they only go back one way. It literally took me longer to get the jack and toolkit back in their place than it did to swap out all four wheels for a winter set.
Thanks for the advice, glad I'm not the only one who wouldn't think to lift some carpet that didn't look like it should be lifted
. The dealer didn't explain this over the phone at all!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Black AAQ23Q
Thanks for the advice, glad I'm not the only one who wouldn't think to lift some carpet that didn't look like it should be lifted
. The dealer didn't explain this over the phone at all!
My dealer service rep had to go ask as he did not know where either - here is a picture writeup of the location at the end of the tech article https://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel64.shtml

Old 07-21-2018, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

A BIG THANK YOU is in order.

I've had a 2015 Q5 for 3+ years and just got a flat and could not find tools.

I was thinking I'd have to mortgage my home again to acquire replacements, but they are way down at the bottom of the trunk where the battery resides.

Again thanks//
Old 07-23-2018, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

When I got the car and saw how well Audi had hidden some of that stuff, I grabbed a label maker and added two "placards" in my trunk. One on the side compartment that says TIRE INFLATOR INSIDE and the other that goes on the load floor JACK AND TOOLS STORED BELOW.

In the odd event that someone else is either driving the car, or working on the car, or that I've just plumb forgot where things are.

I must say, the way the jack and wheel tools are stowed beats all hell out of BMW, where the jack literally has to be "broken free" of plastic clips. This one just seems to nestle down and somehow, manage not to rattle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think I'm missing my toolkit and jack