Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Cargo Liners

Old 12-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo Liners

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cargo liner? I saw a thread that pointed to a few in the past, although I don't think the thread started out that way...

The one I think I want is:
http://stores.canvasback.com/Detail....path=274760830

I was wondering if there is any other liners that anyone has seen that I could possibly get faster than 2-3 weeks? I like how it covers the back of the seats, even laid down. This makes it so I can leave the liner in place until it needs to be washed, especially since I can still split fold the seats.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't like the long production time either when I bought mine, but I could never find anything comparable to the Canvasback. Nothing I found included the side panels, which I have found invaluable.

It's worth the wait, you should get the original... That way you can be sure you'll get the same quality product all of us on here rave about.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Second BlackAce, the Canvasback is great. I use the Audi cargo tray over the canvasback if I carry anything that could spill.

Canvasback even custom made a console cover for me, to protect it if from the dog decides to stand on it.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What's wrong with the OEM liner, part number 8R0061180? It has the nice side bolsters, fits perfectly and costs $100 at GenuineAudiParts.com.

http://genuineaudiparts.com/partloca...catalogid=5517
Old 12-24-2013, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mhughett
What's wrong with the OEM liner, part number 8R0061180? It has the nice side bolsters, fits perfectly and costs $100 at GenuineAudiParts.com.

Different kind of product, we're talking about canvas covers, not the rubberized trays. Otherwise, that's a good option.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mhughett

Yah, I need it to cover the softer sections / cloth sections of the seat (back of the rear seats and everything non-plastic in the back) because of a 85lb fur ball (Golden Retriever). I'm looking at the canvas because it covers everything, as well as the backs of the seats whether they are folded down or not.

I'll likely order the canvas one but needed it in about a week instead of 3+ for the shipping. Maybe i'll get lucky and it will be faster.

Of you guys that have them, which color did you get and what color is your interior? I was thinking the dark color originally, but now thinking of the lighter beigish to match the lighter color seats I have.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got black, as I have black interior. I'd think you'd wanna make it match.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, the back is black, although the seats (surface) is the beige ones.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems the CanvasBack is really marketed towards pet owners (heard they even included treats with orders...)

But is this a good option for winter too? I'll be going to the slopes and will regularly have caked-on snow or ice that will inevitably melt as I head home.

The rubber/plastic cargo trays would probably do a better job, but they don't work when you need to lie things flat/across seat backs either...
Old 12-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004
It seems the CanvasBack is really marketed towards pet owners (heard they even included treats with orders...) But is this a good option for winter too? I'll be going to the slopes and will regularly have caked-on snow or ice that will inevitably melt as I head home. The rubber/plastic cargo trays would probably do a better job, but they don't work when you need to lie things flat/across seat backs either...
Yah, in your case I would go with something that has a lip on it. Mine is only for pets.

I'm sure the canvas does absorb a little though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cargo Liners