Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

List of Items to Look At For Service

Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default List of Items to Look At For Service

I have my first service coming up @ 15,000 (I got the car CPO at 7,5000 miles).

I am trying to get the full list of things I want them to look at. Can you guys think of anything else, I feel like I'm missing something.

1: Fix the auto-engine shutoff when I exit car
2: Steering update (I hate to get it, but I hate the things I have been feeling recently)
3: MMI update (will have to give them a line about BT problems) - looking forward to improvement in Bose

Added

4: Transmission jerkiness low gears.

Last edited by u2jrmw; 02-18-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I have my first service coming up @ 15,000 (I got the car CPO at 7,5000 miles). I am trying to get the full list of things I want them to look at. Can you guys think of anything else, I feel like I'm missing something. 1: Fix the auto-engine shutoff when I exit car 2: Steering update (I hate to get it, but I hate the things I have been feeling recently) 3: MMI update (will have to give them a line about BT problems) - looking forward to improvement in Bose
Transmission update so there is no jerkiness between 1-2 gear
Old 02-18-2014, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Transmission update so there is no jerkiness between 1-2 gear
Bingo! I knew there was something else. Interestingly it has not been as bad during the cold, not sure why.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you tell them you want the MMI update will they do it or do you have to have a problem with it first?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by xPuNjabiBaLL3rx
If you tell them you want the MMI update will they do it or do you have to have a problem with it first?
My understanding is that Audi will only reimburse them if it is solving a problem, so most won't just update it for you, which of course is stupid.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My understanding is that Audi will only reimburse them if it is solving a problem, so most won't just update it for you, which of course is stupid.
That sucks, I really wanted to hear the updated Bose System.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My dealer did it without me asking. However they argued with me about doing the steering update and transmission update so it really just comes down to your dealer.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Cmon now - I am sure you "have a problem" this MMI Update solves. look hard here - It is not rocket science to find them
Old 02-18-2014, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
My dealer did it without me asking. However they argued with me about doing the steering update and transmission update so it really just comes down to your dealer.
They didn't want to do the steering update? First time I've heard of that problem...
Old 02-18-2014, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

They didn't want to do the steering update? First time I've heard of that problem...
Strange. That one should be a no brainer as Audi has recognized the wandering, notchiness issues experienced by many drivers and has been doing this update automatically w/o informing the customer. It addresses over 160K electric steering cars worldwide and in fact, those that don't want it have to tell the dealer to refrain or it's normally applied. It's sad that Audi's dealer network isn't consistent to Audi's own directives.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: List of Items to Look At For Service