S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Difference between Prestige & Premium Plus w/extra options

Old 10-07-2009, 04:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between Prestige & Premium Plus w/extra options

Hello all.

I am about to drop an order on my FIRST Audi S4 S-tronic (and get out of my BMW 335).

I'm having difficulty in configuring. What is the difference between Prestige and Premium Plus w/ the extra things added in separately (B/O, NAV) besides the $2000 difference. Please don't tell me it's just the memory seat and the remote key. Sure would be dissapointing.

I'm optioning it pretty much loaded Phantom Black (Nav, B/O, sport diff, Driver assist, Black w/ Black/Red seats, SS, rear airbags, locks. Anything else??
Old 10-07-2009, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Compass in rear view mirror plus dimming mirrors too
19 inchers standard

But as far as I can tell thats pretty much it. And since i didnt want the 19 inch, remote key or memory seat I decided not to go for Prestige but get a Prem + with B&O, Nav and Sports Diff

Additional difference, if you get the Prem + with Nav you get the rear backup system with camera (which i also want). If you get prestige, that Nav doesnt have it and you need the driver assist package for additional $$$ to get the rear camera plus the side assist (the latter i dont care for).

I think the dimming mirrors shouldve been standard on the Premium + and thats the only thing I feel bad about missing from the Prestige currently.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, that's right.

Note that for the rear-view mirror at least, you can get a OEM Gentex auto-dimming mirror for $79.00 If you want the compass or compass and temp mirrors, they're $179 and $249, respectively. The tricky part is hooking up the wire harness to the car's electrical system. Still, if it's all you really want from the Prestige, it's cheaper than a few thousand bucks.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Memory seat is not standard on Premium Plus either. I think the little things like seat memory and dimming mirrors should be standard for both..
Old 10-07-2009, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 997C2S
Memory seat is not standard on Premium Plus either. I think the little things like seat memory and dimming mirrors should be standard for both..
I agree, and while I understand streamlining things to keep production costs down with what could happen with a ton of ala carte choices, I think they could unbundle a lot really.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 997C2S
I agree too, but I think Audi did the right thing here because although they seem like standard options, dropping things like these is what allowed Audi to get the new S4 to its current price point which makes it MUCH more available to the masses.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I agree, and while I understand streamlining things to keep production costs down with what could happen with a ton of ala carte choices, I think they could unbundle a lot really.
Good chance when Audi raises base price for 2011 model we will see these features added to prem+. In fairness to Audi though BMW does not have those 2 features standard on either the 3 or 5.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a link from my dealer the other day (I can share here if anyone is interested) outlining the changes from '09 to '10 in the A4, many of the changes were things like bringing stuff which was previously only availible on the Prestige, down to an option for P+ buyers (Like B&O option, and LED tailights standard), so it's highly likely to see in coming years.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Default One other minor difference

The audio system in the Prestige trim has a DVD player which is not available on Premium Plus. I would say that if you are planning to lease, definitely go with a loaded P+ since it has 3 points higher residual. If you are purchasing, your decision is a little tougher and you have to decide if the DVD capability, memory seats, advanced key, auto dimming mirrors and compass are worth about 2 grand.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think I read somewhere that a guy had a Prem + one with Nav and it did have DVD, despite it not being a Prestige. He was surprised. This may have been an A5 2.0 though. But still.

Am keeping fingers cross it'll be like that on the S4

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Difference between Prestige & Premium Plus w/extra options