Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI 715-2 Update

Old 11-05-2013, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default MMI 715-2 Update

Just had this update for my MMI installed last week as part of my 15K service which has fixed a number of issues that i was having. So I thought i would share this with everyone. I have a 2012 A6 C7 Prestige 20" Sport Package.

- Bose stereo sound is much much improved and sounds like a new stereo system was installed, an incredible difference! I mean it is an amazing difference.

- When listening to Bluetooth voice calls sound would only come out of the front middle speaker causing it to vibrate a lot when the volume was turned way up, the sound now comes out of all the speakers when using the bluetooth with voice calls and it is now amazingly clear compared to before.

- The song timer when playing bluetooth music now works, before it would always say zero.

- This update has added Google Street View to my NAV system which it previously did not have. It is pretty cool you can get a google street view of your destination if it has one instead of it just showing the checkered flag as the last stop. You can also zoom into google street view manually when browsing the map once you zoom in all the way and little google person shows up where your cursor is.

- The only thing that this does not fix which i am not sure if it is an MMI issue or with my phone (I have an IPhone 5, latest software from apple as of 11/5/13) is the cover art does not show up when using the audi music interface. It just shows a music symbol instead of the cover art. Has anyone gotten this to work with an iPhone 5?

Anyways if you are having any of these issues i would highly suggest you go and get this MMI update it was pretty awesome and full of fixes for the version i had.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 174 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by dolmstead

- The only thing that this does not fix which i am not sure if it is an MMI issue or with my phone (I have an IPhone 5, latest software from apple as of 11/5/13) is the cover art does not show up when using the audi music interface. It just shows a music symbol instead of the cover art. Has anyone gotten this to work with an iPhone 5?
Works fine on my (UK) A6 with my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.3, but you have to use the proper Apple 30pin to Lightening Adaptor as it requires the inbuilt chip to handle both the audio and video functionality properly.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Works fine on my (UK) A6 with my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.3, but you have to use the proper Apple 30pin to Lightening Adaptor as it requires the inbuilt chip to handle both the audio and video functionality properly.
The Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter cannot pass video.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

- This update has added Google Street View to my NAV system which it previously did not have. It is pretty cool you can get a google street view of your destination if it has one instead of it just showing the checkered flag as the last stop. You can also zoom into google street view manually when browsing the map once you zoom in all the way and little google person shows up where your cursor is.
Actually Street View was added in July, 2913 with the then new Nav Plus models which came with MMI 0566. The destination street view was added with MMI 0609 which was introduced in mid-year 2013s. The Google map overlay and screen route info must be turned on for it to work. I've found that it's intermittent, even if the destination has a street view available.

As pointed out, for album art you need to be using the Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter with an iPhone 5 or later (some 3rd party adapters may not pass art or charge the iPhone properly). Also, the red grommet AMI cable is required - the blue grommet cable will not pass album art (neither cable will pass video with the lightning adapter). Further, per Audi's specs in the manual, the album art needs to be embedded in the music file and cannot be larger than 800 x 800 pixels in the file of type JPEG, GIF or PNG. If larger, the art will not appear.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an update I am interested in! I am holding off visiting in the hope that the steering update gets an update.

Is the Bose any more Bass-y
Old 11-06-2013, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the Bose any more Bass-y[/QUOTE]

Im my opinion YES. I have to agree with the original post - the Bose sounds much better ( I had the 2 previous MMI updates done too) with 0715. Now if only Pandora Artist/song/etc info would show up in teh MMI when streaming from my Samsung S4
Old 11-06-2013, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes the bass is much better after the update i would say you now have great base coming from both sets of door side speakers where before it only seemed to come from the rear subwoofer on my system. Definitely a huge difference.

As for the audi music interface mine is an all black one i have a the apple 30 pin to Lightining adapter on. I don't see where its red and when i looked online i didn't see any red grommet one or anything like that. Does anyone have a part number of the correct one so i make sure i order the right one?

Thanks
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Pictures and part numbers are here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840907
Old 11-09-2013, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Pictures and part numbers are here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840907
Wonder if the update makes any difference to the B&O system?
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car has 715, so there is a 715-2? I wonder what the differences are?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MMI 715-2 Update