A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Blown Amp? why no sound from stereo

Old 11-30-2013, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Amp? why no sound from stereo

2004 auda A6 2.7T ..the stereo turns on and lights up and looks like its playing but i have no sound..cant use the cd player or the cassette deck either..it wont even let me eject the cassette that is in there? any ideas?
Old 12-02-2013, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

In general, you'll have to do some diagnosis. But I'll wager one idea. I have seen stereos lock upand need a re-boot. Find the radio fuse, pull it, and give it another try.

Alternately, did a CD get jammed?

Grant
Old 12-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

pulled the fuse already..number 37 ithink...still nothing...never even had a cd in it...i do have a cassette thing in it to play from my phone but i cant even eject that now..what the heck..
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did your radio work before the cassette aux input adapter?

Chances are that the adapter is jammed causing other problems,
you might have to remove the radio and take it to someone who can take it apart to release the cassette adapter first to see if that remedies the problem, other than that with vagcom you might have a clue with a radio module code or error.

Does your Symphony II have the Sat button feature like my 04, XM is free up to 12/03.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh wait, new info, we put a foreign object in the unit and wonder why it isn't working........

Somehow, get it out. Then report b ack.

O&O.

Grant
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmyjames72
2004 auda A6 2.7T ..the stereo turns on and lights up and looks like its playing but i have no sound..cant use the cd player or the cassette deck either..it wont even let me eject the cassette that is in there? any ideas?
What about radio? You didn't specify if you can hear it.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

first there isnt any foreign object in the stereo, its a cassette adaptor you but in and then plug into your phone to listen to music...and yes i dont have any sound at all from the speakers ..the unit powers up and looks like it is playing but i dont get sound.? when i turn it on i get for a split secon sound, then it goes right out....i pulled the radio fuse and then put back in, still nothing..and what does RNS OFF mean? cause that shows up on the radio screen.? does the amp power all speakers and then if so this may have blown out somehow ? its weird though why it doesnt even let me ejeect the casette adaptor or even put a cd in at all either......has anyone ever heard of this?
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your radio is having issues. It should accept a CD, and you should be able to switch between CD, Cassette, and Radio modes, regardless of what is inserted into the tape deck.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm trying to help you with your problem but you have not answered two of my questions about a "unknown to us" condition before and if you have the SAT feature.

There is a reason for this.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
Oh wait, new info, we put a foreign object in the unit and wonder why it isn't working........

Somehow, get it out. Then report b ack.

O&O.

Grant
LOL….remember when the kid put oatmeal into the VCR…..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blown Amp? why no sound from stereo