Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 S-line front license plate bracket

Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 S-line front license plate bracket

Just purchased a 2014 TDI Q5 with S-Line plus package. In CO, we are required to have front license plates, but this vehicle was sold to me without the front license plate bracket. The dealer told me that I would need to buy one.

1) I'm amazed that it would be legal for dealers to sell vehicles not equipped to meet the laws of the state in which they're sold. The dealer (in their defense, I guess) told me that the plate just has to be displayed and there's nothing that says it has to be in a bracket on the front of the vehicle.
2) Based on what I read online, I contacted Audi of America and they basically told me that front license plate brackets are an option, and that the dealer is not required to sell the vehicle with one.

So, is this correct? Has anyone had luck getting a bracket because the state that they live in (and the state in which the vehicle was sold) requires one?

Alternatively, is anyone living in a state where front license plates are NOT required that would like to trade a front license plate bracket (part # 8R0807285M3FZ) for the filler piece that would otherwise sit there (again, S-Line, with parking sensors)?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GBadger
Just purchased a 2014 TDI Q5 with S-Line plus package. In CO, we are required to have front license plates, but this vehicle was sold to me without the front license plate bracket. The dealer told me that I would need to buy one.

1) I'm amazed that it would be legal for dealers to sell vehicles not equipped to meet the laws of the state in which they're sold. The dealer (in their defense, I guess) told me that the plate just has to be displayed and there's nothing that says it has to be in a bracket on the front of the vehicle.
2) Based on what I read online, I contacted Audi of America and they basically told me that front license plate brackets are an option, and that the dealer is not required to sell the vehicle with one.

So, is this correct? Has anyone had luck getting a bracket because the state that they live in (and the state in which the vehicle was sold) requires one?

Alternatively, is anyone living in a state where front license plates are NOT required that would like to trade a front license plate bracket (part # 8R0807285M3FZ) for the filler piece that would otherwise sit there (again, S-Line, with parking sensors)?
I wouldn't mind trading with you.
I have a 2013 with the license plate bracket and parking sensors.
PM me if you're interested. I'm in CA btw.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dnt12q5
I wouldn't mind trading with you.
I have a 2013 with the license plate bracket and parking sensors.
PM me if you're interested. I'm in CA btw.
Thanks for the offer -- I should have mentioned that I'm looking for a matte black one. Here's a photo of the front end of my Q5.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry -- photo doesn't seem to have worked correctly. Here is a http://www.flickr.com/photos/98213796@N05/10349661445/.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GBadger,

Congratulations on the new Q!

Do you have any more photos? That's the same color/package combo that I ordered, and I would love to see some photos with the wheels.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I live in a state requiring a front license plate. Without my input the dealer added the 6W3 code to the custom build order; it's a zero dollar cost option for the customer and, I suspect, for the dealer as well.
It doesn't sound like you have a very accommodating dealer, and it doesn't sound like Audi USA fully appreciated your state-mandated need either.
I would press both sources again and I'll bet you could even make the CO DMV your ally.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by centurion70
GBadger,
Do you have any more photos? That's the same color/package combo that I ordered, and I would love to see some photos with the wheels.

Thanks.
I Second that. I waiting for my Scuba with S-Line and I'm curious about how the titanium wheels look with Scuba.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bürgermeister
I live in a state requiring a front license plate. Without my input the dealer added the 6W3 code to the custom build order; it's a zero dollar cost option for the customer and, I suspect, for the dealer as well.
It doesn't sound like you have a very accommodating dealer, and it doesn't sound like Audi USA fully appreciated your state-mandated need either.
I would press both sources again and I'll bet you could even make the CO DMV your ally.
+1

I ordered both my Audis from McDonald Audi and my sales guy checked the right boxes. Don't know why the dealer would be giving you a hassle.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

If you are still in need, I have a matte black front license plate bracket with park sensors from a 2012 s line Q5.

Let me know. I live in AZ.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:38 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

3rd!

-tgt

Originally Posted by amstrad
I Second that. I waiting for my Scuba with S-Line and I'm curious about how the titanium wheels look with Scuba.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q5 S-line front license plate bracket