Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 TDI Exhaust Sound Booster

Old 12-08-2013, 03:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQ5 TDI Exhaust Sound Booster

Hi guys, Ordered my SQ5 TDI back in September and will be taking delivery February... Very painful, but can not wait (AUS)

Anyway found this on youtube thought I would share, It seems to be some sort of exhaust sound booster that I'm guessing works with the sound aqtuators found in the SQ5 TDI's I don't know anything about it or how it works... What you guys think? it seems quiet louder in the video...

P.s Any one else notice all the stupid videos on youtube with the same sh#t music that's really the same video only with different thumbnails... arrrrhhhh so annoying! Who would go out of their way to do that. Comes up when you filter the search results by date uploaded.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, SQ5 TDI owner here...

There is this from MTM as well http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/SQ5...0&KIT=m-sq5sct

As you said, the video you posted, and the above link are just enhanced versions of the existing sound actuator in the exhaust. The technology is just a speaker in the exhaust that enhances and compliments the existing TDI sound making it sound like a V8 petrol.

TBH I like the sound as it is... It's subtle most of the time, and yet if you give it full throttle trust me, EVERYONE turns to look!
All my friends think it sounds awesome!

The MTM is €900!! Which is too much for a fancy speaker IMO...

Here is a vid of mine being driven, sounds much better than just revving it in neutral...
Old 12-08-2013, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is the translation for the system you found, much cheaper at €350. http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...ugung-SQ5.html

It seems to just be a cable that goes inline with the existing cable to the existing actuators... So it probably just increases the volume signal from the ECU making the actuators louder.
Not sure if there is any risk in making the actuators work harder...

This is more tempting to me, but I think €350 is too much for just a cable!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by josedebardi
This is more tempting to me, but I think €350 is too much for just a cable!
Hi over there!

I am Ferdi Cete from Germany and the official distributor of this Sound Booster.

It is not just a cable and of course it is not directly increasing just the Sound of the actuators.

Our development is changing the data of the sound control unit, so that the control unit produces itsself another Sound! We use a prepared cable which allows customers to install it in less than 10 minutes. You can remove it anytime and Audi will not see any thing.

Audi made the sound less powerful than it could be.
We removed these annoying "blockades".

You should have noticed that the Sound of the SQ5 is for example turned off, if you stay standing without touching the gas pedal.

With our Modul, the sound is even in standing recognisable and very aggressive. In the lower RPM area the sound is much more aggressive and powerful. If you go higher in area of 4000 its of course louder than before, but still not artificial like!!!

This video for example is a Audi Q5 3.0 TDI which I have changed to SQ5 Sound.
Unfortunately just Handy recorded, but still nice.
You should use a good Headset.

I have like always stored a modul, if there is someone who wants to find out how amazing his 3.0 TDI BiTurbo can sound like!

I sell Moduls for every car, which has got the Active Sound Exhaust, for example Audi A6 / A7 3.0 TDI 313 HP.

Btw. MTM's solution is not more aggressive or anything, but still most expensive, just because of the "MTM" Logo ;-)

Kind Regards
Ferdi
(info@CeteCarCoding.de)
Old 01-23-2014, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Waste of money.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Its really funny... because the only people who say that are people without Active Sound Exhaust ... :-P
Old 01-23-2014, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Guten Tag, Ferdi. It sounds glorious.

I just let my SQ5 out a little for the first time as i am just getting through the break-in period. It sounds amazing, even without any fettling, but i would love some more rumble. That pricing though... I will ask myself over and over, "Do I need to spend 500 USD to make my car louder?" Depending on the day of the week, the answer could be yes. I'll keep my eyes open for a group-buy.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The technology is just a speaker in the exhaust that enhances and compliments the existing TDI sound making it sound like a V8 petrol.
Say what now? A speaker in the exhaust sounds very incorrect. Maybe the TDI is diferent from the TFSI but I thought the actuators just opened up the shutoff valves of inner tail pipes, allowing exhaust to flow out of all 4 exits vs 2 when actuators are closed. More exhaust openings = more loud.

Originally Posted by Automotive Systems Cete
It is not just a cable and of course it is not directly increasing just the Sound of the actuators. Audi made the sound less powerful than it could be.
So what is the "actuator"?

I want more volume out of my TFSI so that's why I'm curious.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

TDI has 2 speakers (aka sound actuators), one in each back box.
http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/q5/sq...-actuator.html

I was under the impression the TFSI had a similar setup, but I do know it has butterflies in the pipes so your analysis may be accurate.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was under the impression the TFSI had a similar setup, but I do know it has butterflies in the pipes so your analysis may be accurate.
Hi!
The TFSI does not have

But its flaps open in S-Mode e.g.

Kind Regards

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SQ5 TDI Exhaust Sound Booster