A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member - New S8 Owner

Old 11-25-2013, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - New S8 Owner

Salutations Audiphiles:

Just sold the family truckster - my BMW 750iL - and after a nationwide search, purchased a much sexier 2009 Audi S8 in white/black.

The S8 D3 has long been on my mind, what with the fantastic V10 Gallardo-based engine planted in a luxury four-door. My decision to go with the 2009 was predicated on it being the last year the S8 boasted having the V10. And my short-term experience has validated my expectations: It's a wonderfully handling, über-comfortable, very German sports sedan with no economy of grunt. My car arrived in pristine condition with 30,000 miles and a platinum four-year warranty.

Photos will be provided shortly after a few obligatory new-owner mods have been completed, e.g., RS8 grille, titanium powder-coated wheels, etc. Looking forward to engaging with fellow members on this forum.

KEP
Old 11-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KEPetersen
Salutations Audiphiles:

Just sold the family truckster - my BMW 750iL - and after a nationwide search, purchased a much sexier 2009 Audi S8 in white/black.

The S8 D3 has long been on my mind, what with the fantastic V10 Gallardo-based engine planted in a luxury four-door. My decision to go with the 2009 was predicated on it being the last year the S8 boasted having the V10. And my short-term experience has validated my expectations: It's a wonderfully handling, über-comfortable, very German sports sedan with no economy of grunt. My car arrived in pristine condition with 30,000 miles and a platinum four-year warranty.

Photos will be provided shortly after a few obligatory new-owner mods have been completed, e.g., RS8 grille, titanium powder-coated wheels, etc. Looking forward to engaging with fellow members on this forum.

KEP

Welcome to the darkside of german motoring! My purchse hinged on a 5 Series,S class, E class, very briefly considered 7 series and if funds could cover the right one maybe a CLS.

End of the day D3 A8 won! It's just too much car for what you get, closest runner would have been the CLS. All V8's for me, never had anything less! S8 would be nice but to give you an idea, 60 a8's for sale in Australia and only 2 S8's at time of my purchase. Paid 30k for my A8 cheapest of the TWO s8s was 75k other 95k.

We are screwed here in Oz bro! Would love one but it's not happening down under. BTW no w12s seen anywhere :-(

Got a project going myself atm so have a peek at my posts, its different but nearing completion.

Looking forward to seeeing your wagon.
Youll find heaps here bro, lowered my suspension through posts here and am working on MMI,DTV,AMI atm as well!

congrats and see ya round
Old 11-25-2013, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations and welcome aboard. There are plenty of quick mods you are able to do to your S8. Check around the forum for tips/ideas.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ziggy:

Thanks for the kind welcome. What with all it offers, it's sad to hear that Oz deprives you the S8 (along with other exotics). By the way, your avatar looks vaguely familiar ... Shah-I-Kot or Khost? SASR by any chance?

KEP
Old 11-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1Wasserwerks
Congratulations and welcome aboard. There are plenty of quick mods you are able to do to your S8. Check around the forum for tips/ideas.
Chris:

Thanks for the welcome.

I've taken a spin around the forum and found that most of the mod threads appear to focus on cosmetic changes like wheels and calipers. Am I missing some discussions on performance S8 D3 enhancements? What do you suspect to be the most popular S8 owner mods?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome KEP,

which side of south florida are you on?
Old 11-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zedbyers
Welcome KEP,

which side of south florida are you on?
The right side ... southeast.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Banned

Welcome to the Audi family!

AW is a great resource, which I'm sure you have already discovered.

Looking forward to seeing some before & after pics!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Chris:

Thanks for the welcome.

I've taken a spin around the forum and found that most of the mod threads appear to focus on cosmetic changes like wheels and calipers. Am I missing some discussions on performance S8 D3 enhancements? What do you suspect to be the most popular S8 owner mods?

Thanks in advance!
First of all, highly recommend you obtain the VCDS cable to properly read error codes and modify settings. For example, with your air ride suspension, you can go into the system and tweak the ride height lower or higher based on your preference.
Calipers or brakes in general I would not change, if you are mechanically inclined as am I, there are specific procedures to changing pads.
Wheels are a nice upgrade, make sure to read up on the jacking mode that should be activated in the mmi if you have to jack the car.

So far I have performed my own oil change (12qts. synthetic). Lowered the car 20mm via VCDS settings, enabled the hidden menu and activated the battery level meter. I still have to upgrade the puddle lights, trunk lights etc. with led lights. I picked my S8 up this past June.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ha!

The right side ... southeast.
good one....looking at the forecasts up north this week i will take any side of florida i can get!

if you are on the right side i must be on the left side....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member - New S8 Owner