S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 lowered with links and rims installed

Old 01-09-2014, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6 lowered with links and rims installed

I installed lowering links on my S6 and it turned out just as I expected as ive done this to all my past Mercedes with factory bags. I got them from mark for $130 shipped, he's located in the UK. heres his website. http://www.airmatic-lowering-links.co.uk/ they were delivered very fast via fedex 1-2 day to California. you will have to play with each corner to get the height you want but its fairly easy. car looks and rides great and no need for $2100 module that does the same exact thing. sorry for the bad quality pics, just used my camera phone. this is in dynamic mode, if you change to auto it raises some and if you push raise button it raises a lot.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great concept, had no idea they even existed

I like how you can remove them for service, and avoid having any issues with the warranty

I had my dealer lower mine 15mm for free, otherwise i'd get these links
Old 01-09-2014, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ordered today
Old 01-09-2014, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Ordered today
best $130 ever spent on car mods period. for cars that come with oem air suspension, this is the perks to having air ride. you can lower it at little to no cost. with past Mercedes, I always bought the rear adjustable oem Mercedes links and just used the on all corners. the way I see it, $2k for a module is straight up rape and ridiculous, vs $2k for an apr tune is a deal of a lifetime. theyre trying to charge coilover money for a stupid box. I also found out that the rear S6 air bag is the exact same unit/part as the rear bag used in the Mercedes W212 E class and W218 CLS. im sure i just became public enemy #1 to all tuner shops who sell the modules or lower them this way and charge much more.

Last edited by mikec7s6; 01-09-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikec7s6
best $130 ever spent on car mods period. for cars that come with oem air suspension, this is the perks to having air ride. you can lower it at little to no cost. with past Mercedes, I always bought the rear adjustable oem Mercedes links and just used the on all corners. the way I see it, $2k for a module is straight up rape and ridiculous, vs $2k for an apr tune is a deal of a lifetime. theyre trying to charge coilover money for a stupid box. I also found out that the rear S6 air bag is the exact same unit/part as the rear bag used in the Mercedes W212 E class and W218 CLS. im sure i just became public enemy #1 to all tuner shops who sell the modules or lower them this way and charge much more.
Thanks Mikec7s6, Just ordered a set this AM. How much lower than stock is your car in the photos?
Old 01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RettlerT
Thanks Mikec7s6, Just ordered a set this AM. How much lower than stock is your car in the photos?
np, I would say I lowered about 21-22mm. the first pic is kind of off because 1/2 the car is on the street and 1/2 the car is on my driveway and the cars sitting on a slope so its not perfectly accurate. the second pic is on flat ground but it was night time and that's the best my phone camera got. you can make the car sitting on the ground if you like, but from my past experiences with air suspension cars, when you dump it tucking tire/wheel the ride gets choppy. the instructions say they don't recommend lowering beyond 50mm to keep a good ride.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks good!

you will have to play with each corner to get the height you want but its fairly easy.
How many links does the S6 have - 2 or 4? Can you post a picture of the links?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Looks good!

How many links does the S6 have - 2 or 4? Can you post a picture of the links?
the S6 has 4, one on each corner. some cars have 2 front and one rear like the last generation E and CLS. I didn't bother to take pics of it, it looks like a well made kit. here's the guys ebay account where you can get a general idea of what they look like, these aren't the links for the S6 but they all look similar so you have an idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-NEW-CLS-CLS550-FULLY-ADJUSTABLE-LOWERING-KIT-LINKS-MODULE-NOT-CLS63-/121186403536?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3745c4d0&vxp=mtr
Old 01-10-2014, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

the S6 has 4, one on each corner. some cars have 2 front and one rear like the last generation E and CLS. I didn't bother to take pics of it, it looks like a well made kit. here's the guys ebay account where you can get a general idea of what they look like, these aren't the links for the S6 but they all look similar so you have an idea.
Thanks for the Ebay link - the generic picture of the links answered a lot of questions.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the advice. I see that they do not offer specific links for the S6 or S7. Did you just use the S8 links?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S6 lowered with links and rims installed